Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-29-2012, 06:15 AM   #16
Blue Tyson
Blue Captain
Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G,Huawei Ideos X3,Kobo Mini
Heh. I ordered about a week ago I think. Were you before or after that?
Blue Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 11:03 AM   #17
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Thanks for the reminder, Blue Tyson. Just ordered mine.

Edited to add: If you sign up for their newsletters in the checkout/account creation process, they send you a 25% off discount code for your next order that is good towards almost any of their items (books, magazines, etc).

Last edited by CWatkinsNash; 01-29-2012 at 11:12 AM.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 04:23 PM   #18
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Tyson View Post
Heh. I ordered about a week ago I think. Were you before or after that?
Actually ordered the day I saw this post. However, the order took a couple of days to be processed.

I don't really know whether it's worth it. Just working out how much the cost is per book isn't really a measure of the savings for me - it's how much is the cost per book that you were actually interested in buying.

So far in the list, there probably isn't anything I would have bought normally. But you never know, over the course of the year I might become interested in one or two of these authors, or books from authors that I currently read might become available. I'll see how I go.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 05:45 PM   #19
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
I actually own a few of the books already, but I just signed up anyway. I've been wanting to read the Blatty book, and there are a few other stories that look interesting.

I, too, subscribe to the magazine, but I've only been getting it for a couple of years and don't have any of the early ones. I'd love it if they came out with an ebook version of the magazine.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 10:01 PM   #20
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfwreck View Post
Baen manages to distribute hundreds of ebooks for free, allows the Fifth Imperium CD collection to be shared openly, sells ebooks in bundles, and encourages people to share them with each other. They don't seem to have a cash flow problem.

This is another company that seems to have realized that low-cost ebooks can boost its print sales. Paying the authors full royalties means they'll take a hit on some of those bundled subscriptions--but not all, because some people will sign up, and download a book or so per month, which gives them plenty of money to pay the authors. For the rest, they can consider it as promotional costs; they'll reach a great many readers who otherwise wouldn't be considering their books at all.
Baen doesn't pay royalties for all the free titles they offer, do they?

Anyway, I just was wondering how they can manage this financially. Especially as the offer includes a free (+s/h) limited edition hardcover with a $30-$40 value.

I didn't realize so many people are willing to pay $65 for a signed edition.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 05:40 AM   #21
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Red face Oh bum....

".......Jay Bonansinga......."

Oops.... just for a moment there, I got terribly excited - I thought it read Joe Bonamassa...
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 03:08 PM   #22
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
Baen doesn't pay royalties for all the free titles they offer, do they?
Oops, no. I missed that.

However, with the likelihood that most people won't download "everything they can possibly get" but "1 or 2 a month," and some will only download a handful, while the publisher will likely lose money on the royalties, the costs shouldn't be more than is reasonable for a big ad campaign. And if it inspires people to buy paper editions, they win.

Quote:
I didn't realize so many people are willing to pay $65 for a signed edition.
I'm often more willing to pay $65 for a signed edition than $30 for a standard hardcover. If I want it in paper at all, I want the paper version to be special. If I just want to read the text, I'd prefer epub.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 09:33 PM   #23
Blue Tyson
Blue Captain
Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Apparently the email went astray, so they resent my code yesterday when I asked.

40 books so far it appears - the Simon Clark one is a 'buy at other retail partners' only.

Some novels, novellas, short stories, collections and an anthology reprint looked like at first glance. Also some non-fiction by the looks.

So a fine deal!

Last edited by Blue Tyson; 01-31-2012 at 09:28 AM. Reason: non-fic too
Old 01-30-2012, 10:00 PM   #24
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Apparently the email went astray, so they resent my code yesterday when I asked.

40 books so far it appears - the Simon Clark one is a 'buy at other retail partners' only.

Some novels, novellas, short stories, collections and an anthology reprint looked like at first glance.

So a fine deal!
I got my email today! Unfortunately, I haven't had time to go play over there until now, and now I'm too tired. I want to be alert and excited when I start getting my books!

(Wow, I'm such a book nerd.)
Old 01-30-2012, 10:15 PM   #25
Blue Tyson
Blue Captain

Yeah. Always a good idea to do that sort of stuff when awake!
Old 01-31-2012, 10:40 PM   #26
Blue Tyson
Blue Captain

They added 2 more ebooks today. That was fast!

So 42 now...

Looks like you can get eaten by a bear, or ripped apart by wild horses.
Old 01-31-2012, 10:55 PM   #27
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist

Quote:
They added 2 more ebooks today. That was fast!

So 42 now...

Looks like you can get eaten by a bear, or ripped apart by wild horses.
Always good to have options for "death by animal".

I grabbed 17 this evening. I slowed down when I realized I have 11 more months to use my code, that I have to put all these in calibre and do all that entails, and that I won't be reading them in the next day. So I'm going to spread it out and savor the process.

(Heh, bet I'll have them all downloaded by the end of the week. I talk big but I am soooo weak!)
Old 02-02-2012, 01:55 PM   #28
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Was getting ready to join, but it's now over.

HELP!

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 03:08 PM   #29
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Wel., it's Official: The Membership drive has now ended.

I contacted Cematary Dance to see if they would offer an exception. (I was also willing to trade my child in, but they said the shipping cost would be too high.)

Anyway...the sale is now over....and I waited too long.

Thrash me, beat me!

Pehaps in a year or two - but at least no more than 15 years from now, they may repeat the offer.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 06:18 PM   #30
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
My Cemetery Dance magazine subscription just expired, and they sent me a 50% off coupon for a new subscription. They seem to be going all out with the discounts right now.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cemetery dance, horror, subscription