Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 06-05-2010, 06:55 AM   #1
martienne
.~^пиратка^~.
martienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Onyx Boox M92
What are these features in the new firmware?

After I installed the new firmware, I have two new settings, I think??
MyIREX Account and Adobe ID Activation.

Is it some service that is available only in the US (I am in Europe)?
I entered my registered email etc in the My Irex section... But there was no indication of what this was for or what to do after that...
martienne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 07:04 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
It used to be that the "iRex Account" settings were used to automatically check for updates, patches, etc. I'm not sure it does anything any more.

The Adobe activation is used to activate the reader with Adobe's DRM servers, allowing you to be commercial eBooks in ePub and PDF formats which use Adobe's DRM mechanism.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2010, 07:40 AM   #3
martienne
.~^пиратка^~.
martienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshes

Thanks Harry!
I noticed another one: Ebook "mall".
I am guessing from the name that I can't use that this side of the pond either?
Old 06-05-2010, 09:05 AM   #4
manacap
manacap began at the beginning.

Device: DR800SG
The mall is for the 800SG since it runs on the 3G network over here (USA). You should download the 800S version -- I don't think it will have that as an option.
manacap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 09:35 AM   #5
martienne
.~^пиратка^~.

Yes you are right, there is an "S" version on the same page. I just missed it.

Last edited by martienne; 06-05-2010 at 10:28 AM.
Advert
Old 06-07-2010, 05:08 PM   #6
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Sounds like you already figured it out, but just to add my 2 cents, I think you installed the wrong version of the firmware.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote