Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 10-19-2011, 09:07 PM   #1
nookster
nookster began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Delete sideloaded files?

I gather from some other threads that you can't delete books directly from the Nook Touch. Does this apply to sideloaded files (epub or pdf) as well?

Here's my dilemma - I use my e-reader mainly to read articles downloaded from the internet. In the old days I would copy and paste into a word file and convert to PDF and then sideload to the Nook. Lately, I've been using instapaper and converting the articles to epub and then sideload - so much simpler. Anyhow, I end up with a ton of articles (I have over 700 on my old school Nook) and I like being able to delete them right after reading because by the time I hook it up to the computer I've forgotten which articles I've already read (sadly I have a memory like a hamster or some other small woodland creature with a crappy memory).

I would love to get the new Nook (I love me some gadgets), but don't think I can live without the old school Nook's delete feature. Perhaps if I could establish a shelf labeled "trash" and put all the read articles there. But would I be able to access that shelf from my computer to delete those files? Or would the files retain their original scattered location and so when I hooked up my computer I wouldn't be able to clearly see what I've read and what I haven't?

Any input on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
nookster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 12:46 AM   #2
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
You can Archive content that was delivered wirelessly to Nook via wifi, thereby recovering local storage, and removing it from library views that show only downloaded content. You need to get on the web to remove anything from your library itself.

But not side-loaded content. I presume their thinking was that side-loaded content can only be added with USB, therefore there's no need to providing capability to remove content without USB connection, since you cannot use the freed up storage. Yes, that is 'simple' all right, but a little too simple for my taste: I want to delete when I want to delete.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert