Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 07-10-2014, 07:01 PM   #1
Nicolafred
Nicolafred began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Kobo Aura Duplicate Collections

Hello
Wondering if anyone could help. Recently my Kobo Aura has been very buggy when disconnecting with Calibre. Sometimes it wont disconnect at all and some times things take a few plug/un-plug for things to refresh...

...however, ive now noticed that my collections are duplicated on my kobo, same amount of books, same books from what I can tell, yet ive not changed anything in calibre. All my books are stored on a SD card. Weirdly the collection with the most and least books are not duplicated - not sure how much of a coincidence that is.

Ive also noticed my book covers sometimes disappear from the screensaver yet show when you activate the devise and see the book on the home screen.

Any help or suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thanks!!!
Nicolafred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 07:08 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
This is a well known issue and relates to problems with replication of data from the Kobo site (either via WiFi or Desktop).

The "Kobo Utilities" plugin has a function to clean the duplicates up; look at the option Database | Fix Duplicate shelves. Pay attention to the "Purge duplicate shelves" button; you probably want to leave this unchecked.

Also as long as you do all management via Calibre it should not matter which option you select for "Shelf to Keep".

There is also an option you can add to the Kobo eReader.conf file to ensure that shelves are NOT synced to Kobo; unfortunately I can't remember it right now.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-10-2014, 07:21 PM   #3
Nicolafred

Thank you, I'll give this a try. Not a clue how this would have happened as I only manage via calibre. Thanks again, knew you guys would know the score!
Old 07-10-2014, 08:19 PM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Remember that even though you might only manage via calibre the device does have the option to automatically do a sync via WiFi (see settings | syncing and updates | automatic sync).
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 05:24 PM   #5
Nicolafred

Thanks... good point about syncing.
Did the above and it fixed my problem. Thank you!!

Last edited by Nicolafred; 07-11-2014 at 05:31 PM.
Advert