Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-19-2010, 05:23 PM   #16
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
Hmm I've had a lot of problems with having 2 copies of the American dictionary on my device and after a lot of fiddling, now just have one. I ended up having to remove the dictionaries from the collections they'd been placed in - so perhaps adding the user dictionaries to collections is not the best idea?
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 06:30 PM   #17
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
The K3 comes with 2 dictionaries, a British and an American one. You should be able to switch back and forth.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2010, 04:04 AM   #18
andavane
Zealot
andavane began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, + Wifi, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini, Sony PRS-T2
Updates ...

~~Narrative~~
10-09-19-2218:
I excitedly Have A Go. No green light re the dictionary. I switch off the wireless, give up and dream of snakes and wires and smouldering books.
10-09-20-0410
I wake and feel the fell of dark, not day. I sip my cuppa and carry on reading Liesel's heroic adventures; checking the dictionary, Kindle still stubbornly refuses to give me the meanings of words. Oh well, not belong before they open! Wireless still OFF.
10-09-20-0427
Cuppa drained to the dregs ('cept it was a teabag).
On with the Wireless and I check I'm not back in 1945. Kindle delivers two or three visual burps and delivers my Indian Express. Still fearful for Liesel, I carry on with The Book Thief. Kindle burps again and Voilá! Definitions are presented in swift innocence.
~~End of Narrative~~

...and what, I wonder, can we make of this?
andavane is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle dictionary, non-function