Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 08-29-2011, 11:27 AM   #1
ncmike
ncmike began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Double my Kindle books

Yesterday I uploaded to Calibre some new additions to my Kindle. When I disconnected the Kindle after finishing the upload, I checked and Kindle had somehow doubled every book. Now I have 44 pages of books on my Kindle instead of the 22 I started with.
What happened, and can I correct this without going through 44 pages checking and deleting the duplicates?
ncmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 11:32 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Moved to the Calibre forum.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2011, 01:00 PM   #3
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
How many books do you have on Calibre? You didnt happen to sent them all by mistake?
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 01:18 PM   #4
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Assuming they are all on Calibre, then plug in the Kindle, open Calibre and then delete everything from the Kindle. Go back to the Calibre library and send back to Kindle.

You've got both the original books from Amazon and the copies from Calibre on there, right now (they get named differently), so can just remove the ones from Amazon; the above just does it a lot quicker.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 01:12 AM   #5
ncmike
ncmike began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thanks

Thanks Koland. I'll try that.
ncmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert