Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-28-2010, 07:26 PM   #1
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 and 2 Kindle 3's - and now a K4 + HTC Desire HD
M-Edge - K3 Cases

So we have 2 Lovely Brand new K3's

Thier Perfect

But just waiting to get DAMAGED

Why haven't M-Edge got thier cases ready YET

COME ON

M-Edge - Normally great, But hey this is very slow

I'm even thinking of getting cases elsewhere ...

And that really isn't what I want to do

Kevin2960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 08:08 PM   #2
bball2
bball2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
http://www.medgestore.com/products/kindle3/
bball2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2010, 10:34 PM   #3
TomF
Kindle Enthusiast
TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 3G Graphite, Kindle Fire
M-Edge actually calls THEIR covers Jackets.
TomF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 03:55 AM   #4
Jcas
Zealot
Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Kindle PW2,Kindle DXG,iPhone 4
I purchased the M-Edge Latitude jacket for K3 and received it today , I am very impressed with it.
Jcas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 04:12 AM   #5
suecsi
Rock Chick
suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kindle 2i, Kindle DX, Kindle 3G
All the others are showing 'coming soon' - and that is the US store, which isn't a lot of use to Kevin or I.

Kevin - Tuf Luv cases for the Kindle 3 are on Amazon.co.uk at the moment, estimated despatch on mine is around 1st October. I've noticed though that I bought a red one and the link is to a pink one (I hate pink) so I might cancel the order until they sort themselves out. I'm currently using the standard Amazon case as the Kindle goes in my laptop backpack on the train every day. I did get a funny look sitting there reading last night underneath a Kindle advert ......

MobileFun are showing M-Edge cases, but no date yet. At least you won't get hit for import taxes.
suecsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2010, 07:18 AM   #6
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suecsi View Post
All the others are showing 'coming soon' - and that is the US store, which isn't a lot of use to Kevin or I.

Kevin - Tuf Luv cases for the Kindle 3 are on Amazon.co.uk at the moment, estimated despatch on mine is around 1st October. I've noticed though that I bought a red one and the link is to a pink one (I hate pink) so I might cancel the order until they sort themselves out. I'm currently using the standard Amazon case as the Kindle goes in my laptop backpack on the train every day. I did get a funny look sitting there reading last night underneath a Kindle advert ......

MobileFun are showing M-Edge cases, but no date yet. At least you won't get hit for import taxes.

Yeah, Thanks,

We did see other cases, Especially OBERON, I love thier Dragon one, but Wendie is 30 year Veggie wants Non - Leather, and wanted to be Loyal to M-Edge, but thay are slow out of the blocks, I'm hoping they read here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcas View Post
I purchased the M-Edge Latitude jacket for K3 and received it today , I am very impressed with it.
Yeah but only very limited choices so far, QUALITY alwaqys good though

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomF View Post
M-Edge actually calls THEIR covers Jackets.
Covers, Jackets, Cases Just get them Out there,

Quote:
Originally Posted by bball2 View Post
Thanks, I know, but limited cases ACTUALLY available Yet
Old 09-29-2010, 08:02 AM   #7
suecsi
Rock Chick
suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Kevin

The TuffLuv one I cancelled (as they seem a bit confused about the colour) was a non leather one aimed at veggies. I'm a veggie too so that is why I ordered it. I can find it only in pink and black at the moment but I had one for my Kindle 2 (came with it, as I bought the K2 secondhand) and it was pretty good.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tuff-Luv-Veg...5761077&sr=8-1

Tuff Luv also sell through i-nique and last week their website was a bit out of date but I have just checked and they are actually better than Amazon UK at the mo, I have just found the red case I want on there and have ordered!

http://www.i-nique.com/detail.asp/cn...=5055205276045

They also have the book style cover in the Econique range in Hemp.

Personally I prefer these cases to the ones with elastic at each corner, but it is very personal.
Old 09-29-2010, 08:04 AM   #8
suecsi
Rock Chick

PS - Kevin my order receipt from I-Nique had a warehouse location on it so it looks like they have these in stock!
Old 09-29-2010, 12:37 PM   #9
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin

Email from M-Edge

They are working "Round the Clock" to get them ready

No hint of date though
Old 09-29-2010, 02:19 PM   #10
bluemoonjules
Connoisseur
bluemoonjules is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 3G
Quote:
Kevin

The TuffLuv one I cancelled (as they seem a bit confused about the colour) was a non leather one aimed at veggies. I'm a veggie too so that is why I ordered it. I can find it only in pink and black at the moment but I had one for my Kindle 2 (came with it, as I bought the K2 secondhand) and it was pretty good.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tuff-Luv-Veg...5761077&sr=8-1

Tuff Luv also sell through i-nique and last week their website was a bit out of date but I have just checked and they are actually better than Amazon UK at the mo, I have just found the red case I want on there and have ordered!

http://www.i-nique.com/detail.asp/cn...=5055205276045

They also have the book style cover in the Econique range in Hemp.

Personally I prefer these cases to the ones with elastic at each corner, but it is very personal.
Thanks for that - they have it in purple leather....which makes me very happy! I'd love an Oberon cover but the cost is just too much!
bluemoonjules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 03:09 AM   #11
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Inique are 'Tuff Luv' if thats make sense, I love their covers, I have one of them for my Iphone, and had the purple 'veggie' cover for my Sony Touch. I ordered from them first through Amazon, and after that always direct from Inique, it usually works out cheaper.

I was planning on getting the Guardian cover for my Kindle but I adore the Amazon lighted cover so will stay with that, but if I didn't it would definately be a Tuff Luv cover.

They also do free postage and a 30 day money back guarentee, the same as Amazon
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 04:39 AM   #12
suecsi
Rock Chick

Got a notification yesterday evening that the case has been shipped, so at least i-nique - Tuff Luv's distributor in the UK - are keeping them in stock.

I'll post pictures when it arrives.
Old 09-30-2010, 05:13 AM   #13
suecsi
Rock Chick

Tuff Luv Veggie Flip Case - UK

Just turned up in the post at work. Fastener is at the top rear rather than bottom rear which will take a bit of getting used to (so the case flips down from the bottom front rather than back over from the top like a shorthand notebook, which is what I expected. There is a popper fastening at the top interior to save the Kindle falling out from the top, which I know was a problem with some Kindle 2 cases.

There are three sections of 'leather' with velcro underneath them on the front cover which lift up, can't quite work out what they are for. I think they are supposed to connect with the flip stand to the rear somehow but I can't get it the right way round to do it.

I'll get my Kindle 3 in there and take some pictures later.
Old 09-30-2010, 06:42 AM   #14
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin

Quote:
Just turned up in the post at work. Fastener is at the top rear rather than bottom rear which will take a bit of getting used to (so the case flips down from the bottom front rather than back over from the top like a shorthand notebook, which is what I expected. There is a popper fastening at the top interior to save the Kindle falling out from the top, which I know was a problem with some Kindle 2 cases.

There are three sections of 'leather' with velcro underneath them on the front cover which lift up, can't quite work out what they are for. I think they are supposed to connect with the flip stand to the rear somehow but I can't get it the right way round to do it.

I'll get my Kindle 3 in there and take some pictures later.

Thanks Suecsi,

Your posts have made this a far more interesting and informative thread, I'm still holding out for M-Edge, just wish they would Hurry
Old 09-30-2010, 08:32 AM   #15
suecsi
Rock Chick

Photos of Tuff-Luv Veggie Cover

Forgive the quality, these are from my mobile. First is propped on my desk from the front. Second is a side view - sorry I couldn't rotate this properly. Third is the front of the case closed, fourth is the back of the case closed. The stand closes by a popper at the bottom. There is a discreet Tuff Luv logo to the top right at the front.

The front 3 tabs are basically steps for three levels of tilt when you prop the stand up.

The colour does not show well here but is closest to the final picture - definitely not the orangey colour like picture 3.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAGE_068[1].jpg
Views:	221
Size:	255.0 KB
ID:	59106   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAGE_069[1].jpg
Views:	235
Size:	289.2 KB
ID:	59107   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAGE_070[1].jpg
Views:	208