Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-04-2008, 04:41 PM   #1
monkeyhihi
Enthusiast
monkeyhihi began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Useable case?

Sorry about the unclear title, but I'm looking for a case for my Sony Reader that allows the reader to be used while in the case.

I've been using the default blue one I got with my reader, but it leaves a significant area of the reader open to damage.

So... does anyone know of a case where you can use the reader while still in the case?
monkeyhihi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 05:01 PM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
The Sony Leisure Jacket?
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2008, 05:06 PM   #3
monkeyhihi
Enthusiast

That's JUST the sort of thing I was looking for! Thanks!
Old 07-04-2008, 11:30 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
I've got one of these for my 505 and like it fine. Very useful for the beach or on a boat. Although not waterproof, it is completely covered and the reader fits into a padded frame. In fact, when I'm not actually reading, I put the Sony in screen first as it is then very well protected.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 12:33 AM   #5
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
not a bad looking case, looks like it would protect from a coffee spill or two
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-05-2008, 09:19 AM   #6
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
It does. I use it at the gym on the treadmill and have inadvertantly slopped water onto it with no problem.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 10:08 AM   #7
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Paperwhite 1, iPad, iPhone
of course you can't go wrong with a 1 quart ziplock plastic bag! I took my Reader on vacation this weekend and was reading in the pool when a bunch of kids splashed water on me (and the Reader). Absolutely no problem!
astrodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 02:27 PM   #8
Granitefall
Granitefall began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500
I went ahead and made my own a few days after I got my reader. I'll post pictures later but basically I took a waterproof "tupperware" made for canoeing, lined it with foam and cut out a section of the top and replaced it with vinyl. You can't turn it on/off while it's in the case but you can change pages easily and it's 100% safe (I've dropped it from chest height onto concrete and had it rain on it)
Granitefall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 12:57 AM   #9
monkeyhihi
Enthusiast

I actually like the idea of a homemade case, really.

It'd save money!

Can you post instructions on how you did it?
Old 07-11-2008, 11:51 AM   #10
Granitefall
Granitefall began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500
I'm rather busy at work 16/17 hour days but when I get a chance I'll post up some instructions and pictures.
Granitefall is offline   Reply With Quote