Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 07-06-2012, 03:17 PM   #1
Br*ste1
Br*ste1 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1
Apps "not compatible"

I would like to install 2 apps to my rooted PRS-T1 - namely Triposo and WikiSherpa - but Google Play tells me they are "not compatible".

Unfortunately, I am also new to Android - is there an easy way to get past this roadblock, and install them anyway?

Thanks in advance!
Br*ste1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 05:35 PM   #2
jarsto
jarsto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jarsto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jarsto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jarsto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jarsto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jarsto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jarsto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jarsto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jarsto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jarsto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jarsto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

This is just a guess, but both those apps list 'access to GPS' as one of the permissions they need. Looking around google play it seems that apps that want access to GPS tend to be listed as incompatible (not surprising, the PRS-T1 has no GPS receiver). I can't guarantee that all are listed as incompatible, but I haven't found one yet that is compatible...

You could try to get the .apk files outside of google play to see if they will install that way. But to be honest I'm not sure how likely that is to work.
jarsto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 03:39 PM   #3
Br*ste1

Well, both sources were so nice to send me the apk files directly. Triposo installed just fine, whereas WikiSherpa balked at me because of some Google Maps files missing. Actually installing Google Maps didn't help, so I ultimately came across this post:

http://www.callum-macdonald.com/2011...-android-maps/

I have the missing files now, and all I need to do is copy them to my device, but the method described didn't work for me (keep getting a "no space left on device" error). So that's where I'm stuck now.
Old 07-14-2012, 09:30 PM   #4
Br*ste1

I was finally able to get this working - and if you know how to do it, it i actually quite easy.

Most importantly, "no space left on device" is just what it says (for some reason I thought it indicates that the device didn't mount properly). I had only 1.5 MB left in /system and even though the Google Maps files are much smaller, it's still a space issue. So I got rid of the Bluetooth files in /system/apps and that did the trick.

Using the terminal isn't needed either - root explorer can conveniently remount /system in write mode!

Only remaining issue I have is that WikiSherpa's map function doesn't work (it crashes even after installing Google maps).