Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-09-2010, 11:30 PM   #1
bugeyed
Connoisseur
bugeyed began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo 2, PRS-600
Reader doesn't show cover art.

Sony prs-600 will not show the cover art for one of my books. Calibre does & when I go to edit metadata, the cover is correct. I have removed the copy on the reader & re sent the book to the reader without success. The reader only shows the generic blank cover. This is an eBook that I purchased & is an ePub format. How can I get this cover to show?
Thanks,
kev
BTW I just updated to the latest Calibre ver.

Last edited by bugeyed; 07-09-2010 at 11:54 PM.
bugeyed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 12:34 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugeyed View Post
Sony prs-600 will not show the cover art for one of my books. Calibre does & when I go to edit metadata, the cover is correct. I have removed the copy on the reader & re sent the book to the reader without success. The reader only shows the generic blank cover. This is an eBook that I purchased & is an ePub format. How can I get this cover to show?
Thanks,
kev
BTW I just updated to the latest Calibre ver.
If you view this book using calibre's viewer I bet the cover won't be there either. Resending the book to the device will update metadata but not the cover. The only way to add a cover to the book is to convert the file.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-10-2010, 02:04 AM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
The books are purchased, and therefore might be DRM-encumbered. Can covers be updated in DRMed epub books, even by reconversion?
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 02:13 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
The books are purchased, and therefore might be DRM-encumbered. Can covers be updated in DRMed epub books, even by reconversion?
No, the cover can not be updated in a DRM book without first removing DRM. After DRM is removed, the book can be reconverted and another cover added.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote