Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 06-08-2010, 06:13 PM   #1
ren1021
ren1021 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Exclamation Fan Fiction for Kindle?

Hello all. I just joined so I applogize if I am posting in the right area or if this topic has already been addressed. I have a Kindle and I love it! I am really into Fan Fiction and I'd love to put some on my Kindle. I've found programs that do it, but they all only take from certain websites (fanfiction.net, etc.). What if I want to use fan fiction from another website? Or just a document on my computer? :bookworm
ren1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 06:18 PM   #2
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ren1021 View Post
Hello all. I just joined so I applogize if I am posting in the right area or if this topic has already been addressed. I have a Kindle and I love it! I am really into Fan Fiction and I'd love to put some on my Kindle. I've found programs that do it, but they all only take from certain websites (fanfiction.net, etc.). What if I want to use fan fiction from another website? Or just a document on my computer? :bookworm
For other websites you'll have to create your own ebooks. I normally open the HTML document in Word and copy and the paste the text into a new document save it as RTF and load to my device, but I have a Sony PRS with Kindle you'll have to convert the file into mobi. I made a Formatting Tutorial with epub in mind but the directions work just as well with mobi.

http://amalthia.mediawood.net/tutori...oks/index.html

I'm not sure what fandoms you read but there is also the Ebook Library
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
fan fiction, kindle, program