Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 10-16-2012, 11:09 AM   #61
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
For just a second there, I thought everyone was suggesting there might be some sort of special table that they sit down at specifically at meal-times ... but then I realized how crazy that would be.
You jest, but my house has no such table. Our kitchen ceased to be eat-in when we installed cabinets on the other wall. What is intended to be the dining room is used as the library / lounge, and what is meant to be the living room is used as the office / musical instrument room. My roommate eats either at the coffee table or his big bedroom desk, and I eat in my room or at the office desk. Sometimes when I cook something really amazing, I eat while wandering around the house announcing, "I can't believe I cooked something this good!" (I'm not the most confident cook.)

A friend once commented, "I'd think you were uncivilized if it wasn't for all the *bleeping* books you have." (Literacy doesn't automatically make one civilized but I didn't point that out.)

I not only read while eating, I read while cooking. Always something handy to prop the Sony up with.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:16 PM   #62
Joy736
Addict
Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Like some others around here, I also put the reader flat on the table next to my plate while eating. I also do that while eating at a restaurant alone (I actually love doing that).
Joy736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2012, 01:31 PM   #63
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
I use a flip case with a built-in easel. Between the easel and the cover itself, I can get it propped at a good range of angles in either portrait or landscape on just about any surface, including my lap. That said, I don't read while eating too often. If I'm dining solo in a restaurant, I may read while waiting for my food, but I'll put the gadgets away when it arrives.

Eating is at least up there with reading among life's pleasures. That's not to say I'm not occasionally more interested in what I'm reading than what I'm eating, so exceptions are made
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:42 PM   #64
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Well when I go to Panera and the like, I lay my tablet down to read, browse etc.

So it's eating at the reading table!
robertc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 02:20 PM   #65
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I eat at my desk so I use my case which is a Eco-Flip. It stands up by itself. We only pull the table out on Thanksgiving or super special meals so maybe once or twice a year. I also own a 3Feet stand which I can use if needed.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2012, 04:58 PM   #66
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
You jest, but my house has no such table. Our kitchen ceased to be eat-in when we installed cabinets on the other wall. What is intended to be the dining room is used as the library / lounge, and what is meant to be the living room is ...
I jest, yes. But I too, have no designated eating place or eating furniture. I eat anywhere and everywhere in my house.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 06:08 PM   #67
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino Martini View Post
Every time I buy a Kindle for myself or someone else, I always include these wire stands - two for $5!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ag=appmatic-20
Same for me. They're perfect! I keep one at the office and one at home.

Quote:
I'm with HarryT -- I'm not familiar with an "eating table." What do they eat and how often do they need to be fed?

For just a second there, I thought everyone was suggesting there might be some sort of special table that they sit down at specifically at meal-times ... but then I realized how crazy that would be.

Last edited by sparklemotion; 10-16-2012 at 06:12 PM.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:28 PM   #68
piper28
Zealot
piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
I jest, yes. But I too, have no designated eating place or eating furniture. I eat anywhere and everywhere in my house.
I theoretically have a dining room table, but the reality is it's generally covered by junk and/or airplanes. For those times we actually eat at home, it's generally on the living room floor. And I'll generally only read while eating if I'm eating at home by myself.
piper28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:47 PM   #69
MrDoug
Banned
MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad - Kobo Glo - Nook Glo - Samsung Galaxy Note II
Quote:
Originally Posted by piper28 View Post
I theoretically have a dining room table, but the reality is it's generally covered by junk and/or airplanes. For those times we actually eat at home, it's generally on the living room floor. And I'll generally only read while eating if I'm eating at home by myself.
hmmm.. sounds interesting..
MrDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:38 PM   #70
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
I'm with HarryT -- I'm not familiar with an "eating table." What do they eat and how often do they need to be fed?

Why they eat chairs of course.
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:46 PM   #71
DustyDisks
Old Fart In Training
DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3+3g/KFHD 7"/Nexus 7/Nexus 7.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
Why they eat chairs of course.
Also when you are not looking they sneak into the laundry room and eat socks. Usually because of human traffic they can only snatch one of a pair, thinking it will not be noticed but also they know the theft will be blamed on the washer or dryer!

Sorry for the slight "Bend" in the topic!

DustyDisks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:51 PM   #72
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I spilled Taco Bell taco sauce on my Kindle 1 (this was some time ago) and that stuff ate the paint right off the casing. It never did look exactly right after that. I thought I was being careful, but Taco Bell is notoriously messy food.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:01 PM   #73
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by carld View Post
I spilled Taco Bell taco sauce on my Kindle 1 (this was some time ago) and that stuff ate the paint right off the casing. It never did look exactly right after that. I thought I was being careful, but Taco Bell is notoriously messy food.
I'm sorry, but I have this inexplicable need to know which flavor of sauce. I'm not a huge Taco Bell fan, but if it were the verde sauce, I'd've probably licked it right off the Kindle. I loves me some tomatillo.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:05 PM   #74
MrDoug
Banned
MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad - Kobo Glo - Nook Glo - Samsung Galaxy Note II
Quote:
I'm sorry, but I have this inexplicable need to know which flavor of sauce. I'm not a huge Taco Bell fan, but if it were the verde sauce, I'd've probably licked it right off the Kindle. I loves me some tomatillo.
That's funny.. I just went to Taco Time today.. I was very careful not to spill..
I went with my wife.. the first thing she does in those type of establishments when she sits down is to turn on here iPad.. me too.. we both read and stuff ourselves.. also we still get comments... like "what is that you are reading.. is that a iPad or Kindle etc" I just tell them we are Hi-Tech junkies..
MrDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:20 PM   #75
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyDisks View Post
Also when you are not looking they sneak into the laundry room and eat socks. Usually because of human traffic they can only snatch one of a pair, thinking it will not be noticed but also they know the theft will be blamed on the washer or dryer!

Sorry for the slight "Bend" in the topic!

And why is it it's always a sock of a favorite pair not an old junky pair.
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote