Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-17-2013, 03:04 PM   #1156
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Good Luck
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:18 PM   #1157
ivakuska
Enthusiast
ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle Touch software Version 5.1.2
I burned this image on DVD but when i'm restarting the PC he wont BOOT. But I charged this image in VMWARE and it's started. Can I try to debrick my kindle in Vmware?
Thx
ivakuska is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-17-2013, 03:30 PM   #1158
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivakuska View Post
I burned this image on DVD but when i'm restarting the PC he wont BOOT. But I charged this image in VMWARE and it's started. Can I try to debrick my kindle in Vmware?
Thx
In short: no, not really. You would have to "re-wire" all the physical device modes to be passed through to VMWare. It's not impossible, but it's (probably) about the same effort as doing everything in Windows.

But what do you mean by "wont BOOT"? This is a standard bootable ISO, so it should boot on all compatibe devices. What error did you get?

And ... please, pretty please, tell me that you didn't just burn a data DVD containing the "kubrick.iso" file as its only content....

What do you see (in Windows, I assume) when you insert the CD/DVD? Do you see a single file called "kubrick.iso", or do you see a directory structure including "boot", "images", etc.?
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:43 PM   #1159
ivakuska
Enthusiast
ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

THANK YOUUUUUUU

I debricked my kindle in Vmware just importing this image in Vmware.. I didn't received any error just my DVD (with image) wont boot after i restarted my PC.

Thank you very much .. I do not have words to thank you..
Old 02-17-2013, 03:45 PM   #1160
ivakuska
Enthusiast

but I have another problem. When i'm connecting my kidnle to PC, i'm not able to see my partition of kindle.

Can you help me please?

Thank you again for debricking my KINDLE.. You are the best.. thank you..................
Advert
Old 02-17-2013, 04:20 PM   #1161
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivakuska View Post
THANK YOUUUUUUU

I debricked my kindle in Vmware just importing this image in Vmware.. I didn't received any error just my DVD (with image) wont boot after i restarted my PC.

Thank you very much .. I do not have words to thank you..
Woooo

Congratulations, and - you're welcome

... and - I may have been wrong. If it worked for you on VMWare with Windows, then maybe VMWare is indeed "passing along" all unknown devices to the VM. That seems to have been the case for you, but we'll have to wait for further testimonials.

About your other problem: make sure that all VMs are switched off. Your Kindle is normally recognized as a USB hard disk, and will normally display as some drive letter in Windows. Maybe one of your VMs is also snatching that. But as said before, I don't have Windows....
Old 02-17-2013, 04:27 PM   #1162
ivakuska
Enthusiast

Thank you..

Last edited by ivakuska; 02-18-2013 at 02:41 AM.
Old 02-17-2013, 04:40 PM   #1163
ivakuska
Enthusiast

DONE !

Last edited by ivakuska; 02-18-2013 at 09:18 AM. Reason: DONE
Old 02-18-2013, 07:07 AM   #1164
ivakuska
Enthusiast

Done !

Last edited by ivakuska; 02-18-2013 at 09:16 AM.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:13 AM   #1165
ivakuska
Enthusiast

Done !

Last edited by ivakuska; 02-18-2013 at 09:16 AM.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:18 AM   #1166
ivakuska
Enthusiast

When I'm cheking the format of my EPUB document is normal, but when I upload it to my kindle the rows became very mess..
I mean every row it's like a paragraf. Thx
Old 02-18-2013, 09:24 AM   #1167
ixtab
(offline)

Moderator Notice

@ivakuska: Sorry, but all your last posts have been off-topic in this thread, and worse - by changing them, they now don't make any sense at all anymore, and contain zero information.

Please post your questions in the relevant threads (or open new ones), and only edit them if you have a good reason. You are spamming this thread with useless posts.

If you keep doing this, further off-topic or useless posts will be deleted.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:59 PM   #1168
ivakuska
Enthusiast

Good Night. Like you saw I downgraded my kindle touch to previous verion . 5.1.2, and after i upgrade to duokan 2012. But now appear another problem. I put connected my kindle to my laptop for charging, but when I remove the cable from the laptop screen of my Kindle Touch remained with that image USB.. and chinese letters. I mean screen of kidnle touch remined FROZEN with the USB Charger image from the DUOKAN.

What can I do ?

Thx in advance..
Old 02-19-2013, 05:01 PM   #1169
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Not sure mate.

Ask on the DUOKAN THREAD?
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 06:37 AM   #1170
superium
superium began at the beginning.

Device: kindle3
I've download an image for kindle 3.4 and kernel 3.4.

I know i could use dd command to flash the mmcblk0p after link COM and export mmc as usb .but I don't know how to flash the kernel to my k3 .

it' not included in mmcblk0p1-3.4+jb+keys.img.gz ? then i should deel with it before or after flash mmcblk0p ?
superium is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
debricking