Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 01-17-2012, 03:20 PM   #1
bfollowell
Fanatic
bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Nook & Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
Help! I've lost my launcher prompt on my rooted NT

Help! I've lost my launcher prompt!

I have a rooted Nook Tablet. I kept it as stock as I could. I didn't remove any B&N apps or the main Home screen. I did add the GO Launcher EX as my launcher. Whenever I press the "n" button (isn't that called the home button?) I would get a prompt saying Home or GO Launcher EX. There was a little checkbox for "make this selection the default". Well, I sort of fat fingered it earlier and accidentally checked that box as I selected home and now I no longer get a prompt for my GO Launcher.

I can still find it by searching for it but I don't want to have to do that every single time. Is there a way to get back the checkbox with the default unchecked or is there a was to add a "shortcut" to my apps list for the GO Launcher to make it easier to get to?

Thanks to anyone that may be able to assist me.

- Byron
bfollowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 04:55 PM   #2
bfollowell
Fanatic
bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

OK, I found the answer to my problem myself after I played with it a little bit. Actually it prompted me that something was "wrong" and suggested a fix all by itself.

False alarm but thanks anyway.

- Byron
Advert
Old 01-28-2012, 02:32 PM   #3
dougf4
Connoisseur
dougf4 has learned how to read e-booksdougf4 has learned how to read e-booksdougf4 has learned how to read e-booksdougf4 has learned how to read e-booksdougf4 has learned how to read e-booksdougf4 has learned how to read e-booksdougf4 has learned how to read e-books

Device: Nook Tablet (Rooted), jetbook lite
If this happens to anyone else, just uninstall "Go Launcher EX"and then re-install it.

Worked for me at least.
dougf4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 07:43 PM   #4
bfollowell
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougf4 View Post
If this happens to anyone else, just uninstall "Go Launcher EX"and then re-install it.

Worked for me at least.
Well, that probably wouldn't work. Without the launcher prompt, they wouldn't be able to get to their Go Launcher, like I wasn't able to. Without getting there, there was no Android Marketplace, so there was no way to uninstall and reinstall the app. Now, maybe, if you had accidentally checked to have the Go Launcher as the default it would've worked but I was stuck with the default B&N Home and couldn't get anywhere from there and they don't have Go Launcher, or any other launcher that I can see, as part of their app store.

- Byron