Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRiver Story

Notices

Old 12-18-2011, 11:41 PM   #1
mm5
mm5 began at the beginning.

Device: iriver story hd
Local html in browser?

I'm wondering if there is a way to load local HTML from the SD card into the browser on the Story HD. I can get to an address beginning with HTTP but, FILE seems to be locked out. Eg. pointing the browser to file:///mnt/SDFAT/file.html. Maybe a smart person can help me unlock it?
mm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 07:19 AM   #2
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
file:/// works but it shows the HTML source code instead of actually rendering the HTML.

For the German version of the Story HD Wifi I made a "Web Portal" mod that loads a local HTML file which displays a list of links you can choose from (including a link to the book shop so you can still use that if you like). For this mod I'm actually spawning a small web server on the Story HD so it can load http://localhost/webportal.html, because I couldn't get the browser to render HTML from a file:/// URL.
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-16-2012, 06:43 PM   #3
lImbus
Tinkerer
lImbus began at the beginning.

Device: iriver Story HD (WiFi)
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostschutz View Post
[...]
For this mod I'm actually spawning a small web server on the Story HD so it can load http://localhost/webportal.html, because I couldn't get the browser to render HTML from a file:/// URL.
wow. very impressive.
Is there a place where the internals of the system are documented ? I'd like to fiddle around with the system.
lImbus is offline   Reply With Quote