Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 03-15-2011, 03:54 PM   #1
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Is PG borked?

It hasn't loaded for me since last night -- DNS resolves okay, but I don't seem to be getting any response from the server. Given my occasionally flaky Internet connection, I'm not sure if it's them or me.
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 04:01 PM   #2
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Looks borked to me; I went looking for a book this morning and just get an endless "loading" message.

Downforeveryoneorjustme says that Gutenberg is down.

Last edited by Elfwreck; 03-15-2011 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Add link.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-15-2011, 04:19 PM   #3
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I didn't know about downforeveryoneorjustme -- I'm so bookmarking that.

It's reporting that http://www.gutenberg.net is up now ... it's just me. But the link conveniently provided goes to continuing downness. I'm hoping this means it's on its way back up and my little backwater of the Net is just taking a while. It's either that, or the Internet hates me. Given the day I've had, I could go either way with this.
Old 03-15-2011, 04:28 PM   #4
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldwalker View Post
I didn't know about downforeveryoneorjustme -- I'm so bookmarking that.

It's reporting that http://www.gutenberg.net is up now ... it's just me. But the link conveniently provided goes to continuing downness. I'm hoping this means it's on its way back up and my little backwater of the Net is just taking a while. It's either that, or the Internet hates me. Given the day I've had, I could go either way with this.
Worldwalker - Isn't it gutenberg.org? Loads here.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 05:34 PM   #5
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon

It's several things -- they've been collecting domain names for a while. I have the .net one on my links page ... have had for years.
Advert
Old 03-15-2011, 05:38 PM   #6
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Gutenberg.org loads just fine in the upper left corner.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 05:40 PM   #7
snipenekkid
Banned
snipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

the .net site is a blank page for me right not but the .org URL resolves OK for me at this microsecond.
snipenekkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 09:45 PM   #8
Gwen Morse
Addict
Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Device: Kindle 3 (wifi) + nokia n900 tablet phone
From the site:

Notice of service outage (March 15)

Project Gutenberg is moving its servers to a new datacenter. Our web services may not be available or not work properly. We expect to be back in 24-48 hours.
Gwen Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 10:28 PM   #9
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon

Thank you Gwen. I don't remember that being there yesterday, and of course outages make reading Web notices difficult.
Old 03-15-2011, 10:36 PM   #10
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Notice of service outage (March 15)

Project Gutenberg is moving its servers to a new datacenter. Our web services may not be available or not work properly. We expect to be back in 24-48 hours.

Ooppss.. Already posted.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote