Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 06-05-2010, 10:27 AM   #31
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
It worked and I was able to use alternate fonts with iBooks. I'll get a screen grab to show everyone here.

What I could do is make an iBooks version of For the Win and then it could be downloaded so everyone can see what's needed to get it to work.

But to get it to display properly, you have to open the eBook with Palatino set as the base font in iBooks' settings.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 03:24 PM   #32
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Here is a screenshot using Georgia and Arial in iBooks.

Last edited by JSWolf; 06-05-2010 at 03:27 PM.
Advert
Old 06-05-2010, 04:12 PM   #33
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
It worked and I was able to use alternate fonts with iBooks. I'll get a screen grab to show everyone here.

What I could do is make an iBooks version of For the Win and then it could be downloaded so everyone can see what's needed to get it to work.

But to get it to display properly, you have to open the eBook with Palatino set as the base font in iBooks' settings.
glad you got it to work, JS!
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 04:57 PM   #34
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjk View Post
glad you got it to work, JS!

I have to start each flow with Palatino and then I the fonts I wanted worked.
Old 06-05-2010, 07:09 PM   #35
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

I have to start each flow with Palatino and then I the fonts I wanted worked.
yeah..hopefully Apple will fix that bug.
Advert
Old 06-05-2010, 10:20 PM   #36
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
yeah..hopefully Apple will fix that bug.
Maybe it's that bug that allows us to use other fonts. So if they fix it, then we might be stuck with just the fonts in the menu. So I think I'd rather not risk having that bug fixed.
Old 06-05-2010, 11:14 PM   #37
kjk

Quote:
Maybe it's that bug that allows us to use other fonts. So if they fix it, then we might be stuck with just the fonts in the menu. So I think I'd rather not risk having that bug fixed.
Hmmm...I see your point. I do like the flexibility of being able to use other fonts. so..it's not a bug, but a feature!
Old 06-08-2010, 01:24 PM   #38
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Hmmm...I see your point. I do like the flexibility of being able to use other fonts. so..it's not a bug, but a feature!
Actually, it seems that we may have access to Georgia via iBooks anyway. So there won't be a need for this hack. But I still hope it works. Of the fonts on the iPad, I do think that Georgia is the best font for reading with.