Notices

Old 05-13-2015, 11:28 PM   #1
Thomas_AR
Zealot
Thomas_AR began at the beginning.

Device: Android
Matano and images in Night Mode

Hi folks,
beside MoonReader-Pro i am using Matano Free with Premium features enabled.
So, as i am mostly using the night mode/theme and often have eBooks with colored images i recognized that in Montano with Night mode the images are converted/shown as black and white.
Is there a possibility that in night mode the images are shown as they are and not converted? Moon Reader does this this way. Or did i missed that feature?

Thanks
Thomas_AR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 12:34 PM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas_AR View Post
Hi folks,
beside MoonReader-Pro i am using Matano Free with Premium features enabled.
So, as i am mostly using the night mode/theme and often have eBooks with colored images i recognized that in Montano with Night mode the images are converted/shown as black and white.
Is there a possibility that in night mode the images are shown as they are and not converted? Moon Reader does this this way. Or did i missed that feature?

Thanks
Huh ... never really noticed it (Mantano) was doing that, but you're right. I don't think it was always that way, but it sure is now. I see no configurable setting anywhere to change the behavior, but when I double-tap an image (so I can zoom, pan and rotate), it shows the original color image. But inline, it appears to be b&w images only (when in night mode).
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 12:37 PM   #3
Thomas_AR
Zealot

Well, I sent a feature request to Montana support. Let's see if they add this feature.
Old 05-14-2015, 04:23 PM   #4
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Well, I sent a feature request to Montana support. Let's see if they add this feature.
Good News: Instead of hitting the Night Mode button, you can create your own Theme (black background and whatever text colour you want). Images don't change to 'negative mode' if you do it this way.

Bad News: I think Themes are only available with Mantano Premium.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 04:33 PM   #5
Thomas_AR
Zealot

I have the free version with premium features enabled. You can purchase them from inside the free version.
Regarding your suggestion. I thought of that, but this will not affect the library overview. So that would be only a partial solucion as I want to have the night mode over all.
Old 05-14-2015, 05:37 PM   #6
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Regarding your suggestion. I thought of that, but this will not affect the library overview. So that would be only a partial solucion as I want to have the night mode over all.
I'm the other way. I want the dark/night theme for the library and all the settings, and then the "normal" white background/black text theme for reading.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 09:35 PM   #7
Thomas_AR
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I'm the other way. I want the dark/night theme for the library and all the settings, and then the "normal" white background/black text theme for reading.
So the only solutions seams to be independent theme settings for Library and Text theme with option how to display images