Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 07-06-2005, 05:50 AM   #1
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
Plucker e-books on the Nokia 770 platform - update

Roger kindly messaged me regarding his slideshow presentation of using Plucker and Plucker Distiller on the Nokia 770 platform (Maemo). He updated the slides with more how-tos on the actual "distilling" process, i.e. the process where you convert your desktop documents into the Plucker format.

If you have any comments or suggestions feel free to contact him over at the great blog Teleread.org.
Colin Dunstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 04:10 PM   #2
rsperberg
Zealot
rsperberg began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Dunstan
Roger kindly messaged me regarding his slideshow presentation of using Plucker and Plucker Distiller on the Nokia 770 platform (Maemo). He updated the slides with more how-tos on the actual "distilling" process, i.e. the process where you convert your desktop documents into the Plucker format.
I have concluded that if you’re going to “develop” content for Internet Tablets like the Nokia 770, you’ll need to know three kinds of things:
- how to get the Maemo development environment up and working
- how best to prepare material and then distill it into a Plucker pdb file
- how to use the Plucker Viewer

With the tutorial, I started from the back of this list and only included sketchy details for the first two parts, which I am going back to and fleshing out. In part I didn’t have time, and partly there are some things I just haven’t figured out yet.

I'll keep adding information as I go, and post notifications if there are big additions (or changes).

Not being an experienced Plucker hand, I would be happy to point to any existing information on preparing files or images for optimal reading that anyone can steer me to.

Thanks,

- Roger Sperberg
rsperberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-06-2005, 05:45 PM   #3
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Great slideshow! Roger, am I correct that one can run the Maemo Live CD from within Windows without the need to reboot?
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 08:49 PM   #4
rsperberg
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by TadW
Am I correct that one can run the Maemo Live CD from within Windows without the need to reboot?
I have done that, using Virtual PC and mounting the iso image of the LiveCD. But if you burn a CD then you end up booting from it, into Linux (Kanotix).

Microsoft offers a 45-day free trial of Virtual PC, and it's worth trying out.

- Roger
Old 07-07-2005, 10:47 PM   #5
rsperberg
Zealot

I've added some more material, on using Virtual PC and on images, to this tutorial. I'll keep adding single slides as I learn more.

- Roger
Advert