Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-15-2009, 03:48 PM   #61
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie
MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Kobo Aura & Aura H20
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Wild View Post
Hey! I thought I was the only one who celebrated 1/2 birthdays!! Yeah! I almost have my husband convinced yet I admit I've been doing the b-day pressie shopping myself.

Cheers!
Same here!!
MarciaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:13 PM   #62
F1Wild
Addict
F1Wild doesn't litterF1Wild doesn't litter

Device: Paolo-my Kindle2, Blackberry Curve
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarciaCat View Post
Same here!!
Maybe you find, like me, that my own 1/2 b-day gifties often outshine my regular ones....I have such impeccable taste!
F1Wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-16-2009, 05:35 AM   #63
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie
MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Maybe you find, like me, that my own 1/2 b-day gifties often outshine my regular ones....I have such impeccable taste!
So true; after all who knows what you want more than you yourself!

I just hope Oberon gets these covers out before the 24th! !
Old 06-17-2009, 08:35 AM   #64
F1Wild
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarciaCat View Post
So true; after all who knows what you want more than you yourself!

I just hope Oberon gets these covers out before the 24th! !
And who is willing to spend whatever it takes to make the b-day person happy?!!!
Old 06-17-2009, 08:53 AM   #65
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Can we have some photos of the new covers please?

And on the Oberon website, I don't see any links to the Sony covers.

Last edited by JSWolf; 06-17-2009 at 08:55 AM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2009, 01:56 PM   #66
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Not out yet, apparently, JSWolf.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 11:25 AM   #67
DanielCoffey
Connoisseur
DanielCoffey began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
I am looking forward to these. On the assumption that we are likely to have the same choices as the Kindle users, it will be a Tree of Life in Saddle with corners for me.
DanielCoffey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 07:49 PM   #68
F1Wild
Addict

I wish they would make a cover with the Ginko leaf design - it's purdy!
Old 06-18-2009, 10:20 PM   #69
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie

Quote:
And who is willing to spend whatever it takes to make the b-day person happy?!!!
That would be my kitties (with my Amex of course, LOL! )
Old 06-19-2009, 11:14 AM   #70
DanielCoffey
Connoisseur

The folks at Oberon are great! I queried the availability of the Oberon 505 covers and received this reply from Becca today (Fri, 19 June)...

Quote:
Dear Daniel, We are photographing the covers starting on Monday and having the manual printed.
I'm hoping that we will have them up on the site by the end of next week.
Hope this helps! Becca
Old 06-20-2009, 02:34 AM   #71
DanielCoffey
Connoisseur

Another snippet from Becca...

Quote:
All the images, colors and buttons that we offer on Kindle covers will be offered for the Sony Readers.
Old 07-01-2009, 09:22 AM   #72
Shadowjack
Enthusiast
Shadowjack began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, PRS-650, Kobo H2O, H2Ov2, Libra H2O
They have arrived. Check out the link:
http://www.oberondesign.com/shop/car...duct_list&c=71
Shadowjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 12:51 PM   #73
DanielCoffey
Connoisseur

Well spotted!

The Sony covers are $72 each. Shipping to the UK was $26.50 USPS. This all worked out at roughly £60-65 in the UK.

Adding on the expected UK Customs charges to the value of the cover only of (I think) 10% import duty, 15% VAT and £8 re-delivery fee adds on another twenty quid.

The rate against the dollar has been climbing steadily the past few weeks so I was pleasantly surprised at how little the cover cost. Now to cross my fingers that the Customs pass it without the extra charges. It *can* happen.

EDIT : I should mention that Oberon have done away with the velcro fitting option, trusting to their corner tabs.

Last edited by DanielCoffey; 07-01-2009 at 12:52 PM. Reason: extra sentence
Old 07-01-2009, 02:41 PM   #74
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowjack View Post
They have arrived. Check out the link:
http://www.oberondesign.com/shop/car...duct_list&c=71
YAYYYY!!!

Make that a qualified lowercase yayyy; they don't have the Sony cover in any of my hoped for designs: Celtic Horse, Standing Horse, Western Horse, Running Horses or Ginko.
Old 07-01-2009, 04:28 PM   #75
DanielCoffey
Connoisseur

Well she did say they hoped to offer the same designs as the Kindle, so maybe they haven't got all the pics up yet - you could email them?