Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 08-18-2007, 10:31 PM   #1
miyami
miyami began at the beginning.

Device: hanlin v8
Rush Hour 3 show in HanLin V3

Rush Hour 3 poster Whith PDF format
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rh1.jpg
Views:	720
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	4969   Click image for larger version

Name:	rh2.jpg
Views:	723
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	4970   Click image for larger version

Name:	rh3.jpg
Views:	758
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	4971  
miyami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 05:27 AM   #2
|2eason
Connoisseur
|2eason is on a distinguished road

Device: Tatung Tablet
In all the pics you've shown us so far, there has been a thick band of grayed out pixels running along the bottom of the screen. I first thought it was a defect, but the band gets moved when you switch from portrait to landscape. So is that a bug or a feature?
|2eason is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-19-2007, 10:01 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by |2eason View Post
In all the pics you've shown us so far, there has been a thick band of grayed out pixels running along the bottom of the screen. I first thought it was a defect, but the band gets moved when you switch from portrait to landscape. So is that a bug or a feature?
No matter what it is, it's an annoyance at best. Kind of ruins the photo. But my guess is this is to show there is more to that page then displayed.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 02:46 AM   #4
miyami

Quote:
Originally Posted by |2eason View Post
No it is not a bug. the thick band you have matained auctly is StatusBar. StatusBar show Page #, batteary lifel and operation prompt. if you guys can see the screen clearly, should be fine with bar.

I also test the some PDF with A4 size. The V3 can diasplay smotthily, but the samll letters is hard to read. Push the zoom , the dege of page have been cut. This timw every thing became biger. the samll letter geting better but shtill not good enogh. Puah the zoom again. the page display turn 90 dgree. than the one page became two.
Old 08-20-2007, 05:04 AM   #5
|2eason
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by miyami View Post
No it is not a bug. the thick band you have matained auctly is StatusBar. StatusBar show Page #, batteary lifel and operation prompt. if you guys can see the screen clearly, should be fine with bar.
No, not the status bar. Look;
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	608
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	4990   Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled2.jpg
Views:	584
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	4991  
Advert
Old 08-20-2007, 05:18 AM   #6
|2eason
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by miyami View Post
I also test the some PDF with A4 size. The V3 can diasplay smotthily, but the samll letters is hard to read. Push the zoom , the dege of page have been cut. This timw every thing became biger. the samll letter geting better but shtill not good enogh. Puah the zoom again. the page display turn 90 dgree. than the one page became two.
The first instance of 'zoom' sounds like your switching from page fit to width fit. The second instance is just rotate. Is there another level of zoom where you could zoom in on say a quarter of the page, then use buttons to pan from quarter to quarter?
Well, I think I know the answer to that. I don't think it really counts against the V3, since it's main use is fiction reading. It's still seems like a very capable machine.

Hopefully though, some more sophisticated features will be added to the V9 when it comes out. Considering it will have a stylus, I'd expect annotation as standard, so I'm sure Jinke will have to revise their PDF software for it.
Old 08-20-2007, 09:36 PM   #7
miyami

Right now I know what you mean gray band. Acutely, the gay bar at bottom of screen is design purposely. Anything under the gay bar will appear again in next page. I think is a good idea for reading. The letters or sentences under the gray shadow works like Pre-read. The reader will have a good connection when screen display to next page.
Old 08-21-2007, 07:18 AM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Can you show us some PDF with text and graphics formatted for printing on letter or A4 paper so we can see how well it handles PDF? All you are showing us is a resize image that tells us basically nothing. Graphics like that tend to resize ok. But it's the text and illustrations that really matter.
Old 08-21-2007, 08:14 AM   #9
|2eason
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Can you show us some PDF with text and graphics formatted for printing on letter or A4 paper so we can see how well it handles PDF? All you are showing us is a resize image that tells us basically nothing. Graphics like that tend to resize ok. But it's the text and illustrations that really matter.
miyami did that in the other thread. Although the PDF chosen could of been better. I got it from a 2 second google search. Here's a comparison between the original and the resized version;
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg
Views:	726
Size:	166.7 KB
ID:	5011  
Old 08-21-2007, 09:11 AM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

So is the one on the right so bad because of the extreme OVER JPG compression?
Old 08-21-2007, 10:06 AM   #11
|2eason
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
So is the one on the right so bad because of the extreme OVER JPG compression?
Probably a combination of factors. Focus on the camera, picture resolution of camera, jpg compression when originally posted, then resizing anomalies from photoshop and again, jpg compression when I posted it. But, I think you can make out that it doesn't render some of the diagonal vector graphics and the smallest text is pretty much unreadable.