Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 12-28-2010, 01:25 AM   #1
augustoz
augustoz will become famous soon enoughaugustoz will become famous soon enoughaugustoz will become famous soon enoughaugustoz will become famous soon enoughaugustoz will become famous soon enoughaugustoz will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook
Australian Ebooks

I received a Nook for Christmas & understand ebooks are not available from B & N in the States. Can I purchase ebooks in Australia & if so where can I get them from? Warning I am a novice!
Augustoz
augustoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 01:38 AM   #2
iandix
Addict
iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.

Device: nook touch a Nook 3g (rooted) and a nookcolor (rooted)
Augustoz it's very easy to to buy books from B&N, just a little work around and you have it... when you make an account with them, you can use your Australian credit card but you must give a "real" US address for shipping and for billing. I use a small software company in Washington state for my address :-)

then you must use a service such as hot spot shield or alwaysVPN to mask your IP address and make it look like you are in the US. Once you do that you can buy any book you want. Just remember you MUST run the VPN service each time you buy (not needed when you download)

How do I know this ..I'm in Australia too... check out whirlpool.net.au forums they have a very long thread ( on the nook and how to work around issues like that.

If that is all too hard ..you can buy books from Borders and use Adobe Digital Editions to load the books on.. I find B&N easier
iandix is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2010, 04:26 AM   #3
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have your company, AugustOz. You can buy (or freely download) ebooks for your Nook from many a site (including our own, linked below). You might want to download the free Calibre library software to store, catalogue and convert your ebooks from one format to another. But avoid buying anything locked by DRM software unless it's in a format that is supported by your device. You cannot convert a DRM book without illegally stripping the DRM protection first. Best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 01:53 AM   #4
augustoz
augustoz will become famous soon enoughaugustoz will become famous soon enoughaugustoz will become famous soon enoughaugustoz will become famous soon enoughaugustoz will become famous soon enoughaugustoz will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook
Thanks for the replies. After a day mucking about we succeeded in buying & downloading after following iandix's instructions. Have now got it down pat & have been successful with 3 books todate. Special thanks to iandix.
Augustoz
augustoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 05:08 PM   #5
dncharles
Hedonist
dncharles doesn't litterdncharles doesn't litter

Device: kindle
0h- I thought you meant 'Australian Ebooks'. I'm Australian, and I wrote an Ebook! You can download it free from smashwords for two more weeks in several formats including Nook ones...
dncharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert