Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 11-26-2008, 07:49 PM   #1
adixon
adixon began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Introduction

Hi,

I wanted to introduce myself to the group. I was thrilled to find the group. I'm in the process of purchasing an ereader however I'm a little unsure. I thought I wanted a Kindle, waited for a year to see the reviews and was just about to purchase one when I ran across the Sony Reader and feel in love with the look and feel of the 505 only to see the 700 when I went into Borders. My friend purchased a Kindle and I had the opportunity to play with that one for a day, however I could not get the Sony off my mind. After reviewing a couple of posts and reviews I think I want the 505. Went to Borders yesterday again and did not like the 700 as much as the 505. I like the text on the 505 over the 700. While I will mainly use it as a reader I can bypass the dictionary, highlighting and notes.

I almost sure I will tell my husband to purchase the 505 for me for X-mas. But the more time I have to think about it the more I talk myself out of it.

Adella
adixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 07:56 PM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Good for you for doing your research. I'm sure you'll be happy with the 505 (or whatever you end up with ). Welcome to MobileRead!
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 08:23 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Adella and welcome to the Forum. I got a 505 last January and like it a lot. In fact, if I was getting an eReader today, I'd still go for the 505 over the 700 or the Kindle.

Anyway, be sure and let us know what you finally decide on.

Last edited by MickeyC; 11-27-2008 at 10:22 AM.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 08:26 PM   #4
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Welcome!

I'm sure you'll be happy with whichever reader you get but - if the Sony is preying on your mind that much, go for that one, otherwise you run the risk of not being quite as pleased with what you have because it's not what you really wanted.
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 09:47 PM   #5
adixon
adixon began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Feels so good to be welcomed. I have decided to get the Sony 505. Told my husband tonight that the Sony 505 is what I want for Xmas. He's surprized that I did not go for the newer one. Once I have it in my hands I will let everyone know. Until then I will continue to read the posts to educate myself. Reading seems to be getting a new life with me, one that is wide open.
adixon is offline   Reply With Quote