Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 04-12-2011, 05:51 AM   #1
ASparrow
Addict
ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX
Free @ Smashwords - SONANT - Contemporary fantasy

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/50312

FREE with Coupon Code "KR88D"

Something strange lurks in a bell jar in Aaron Levine's music room, feeding on the unearthly sounds his musical mercenaries create. Bassist Aerie Walker, lured back into performing after a failed odyssey in professional jazz, finds herself entangled with a band of musical alchemists under assault from a Deliverance Ministry attempting to exorcize the demons perceived to dwell in Aaron's abode.

Tags
music, demon, devil, satan worship, unrequited love, faerie, jazz, exorcism, bass, carbon, Deliverance, Harry Partch, dissonance, evangelists, crytozoology

(Available only on Smashwords for now, in all formats)
ASparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 07:17 AM   #2
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Thanks - have downloaded it.
No relation to the other three books?

Regards
Caleb
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 09:38 AM   #3
ASparrow
Addict
ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
Thanks - have downloaded it.
No relation to the other three books?

Regards
Caleb
No relation to any other book I've written. Sonant stands on its own. New characters. New story.

Although, I have sketched out a third book in the Xenolith series, it's on the back burner. I don't get the impression there's much appetite for a third, although I have fun with it in my daydreams.

My current work in progress is a thriller, no fantasy elements whatsoever, just a warped plot with an unlikely hero ("Vultures in the Playground")
Old 04-12-2011, 12:47 PM   #4
mentored1
Smart Monkey
mentored1 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mentored1 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mentored1 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mentored1 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mentored1 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mentored1 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mentored1 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mentored1 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mentored1 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mentored1 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mentored1 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Nice!

I look forward to going through it and posting a scathing review. :P
mentored1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 04:48 PM   #5
ASparrow
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mentored1 View Post
Nice!

I look forward to going through it and posting a scathing review. :P
Cool! I love a good scathing.

I've been unscathed too long.
Old 04-13-2011, 10:18 PM   #6
mentored1
Smart Monkey
mentored1 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mentored1 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mentored1 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mentored1 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mentored1 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mentored1 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mentored1 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mentored1 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mentored1 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mentored1 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mentored1 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASparrow View Post
Cool! I love a good scathing.

I've been unscathed too long.
Excellent...

I read a little of Xenolith and so far, it's pretty damn impressive.

But rest assured, I will sniff something out.
Old 04-14-2011, 01:18 AM   #7
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
added to my reading list - since i'm a bass player, the blurb got me. thanks
basschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 10:00 PM   #8
ASparrow
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by basschick View Post
added to my reading list - since i'm a bass player, the blurb got me. thanks
Cool. Electric? Upright or both?

I play both.
Old 04-17-2011, 11:34 PM   #9
amward
Wizard
amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Eco Eclipse, Sony PRS 350 (pink), Ipod Touch, Kindle Touch
I tired really hard to resist this, but I gave in just now. Looks very interesting, thank you.
amward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 12:48 AM   #10
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

electric and acoustic, but i don't have room for an upright - hopefully some day... i figured you to be a bass player after reading a ways into your novel.

i'm over a third of the way into the book, and even though nothing has really happened that would lead me to the conclusion, it feels like a horror novel more than fantasy. is it?

Quote:
Cool. Electric? Upright or both?

I play both.
Old 04-18-2011, 06:02 AM   #11
ASparrow
Addict

Quote:
electric and acoustic, but i don't have room for an upright - hopefully some day... i figured you to be a bass player after reading a ways into your novel.

i'm over a third of the way into the book, and even though nothing has really happened that would lead me to the conclusion, it feels like a horror novel more than fantasy. is it?
It's a fantasy pretending to be a horror novel. (I hope that's not a spoiler).

I tried to go places that a reader of the more typical novels in these genres would not expect.

Last edited by ASparrow; 04-18-2011 at 12:28 PM.
Old 04-18-2011, 01:24 PM   #12
mentored1
Smart Monkey

Quote:

I tried to go places that a reader of the more typical novels in these genres would not expect.
I haven't read much yet, but I've taken a few bits. It's horrible... what a piece of crappy junk writing... some of these amateur authors...

Now excuse me while I go back to wasting more time with your digital pile of dung.
Old 04-18-2011, 07:50 PM   #13
basschick
Wizard

if it is a spoiler, it's one that will get me back to reading your book. i'm not a horror fan.

Quote:

Old 04-18-2011, 08:10 PM   #14
ASparrow
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mentored1 View Post
I haven't read much yet, but I've taken a few bits. It's horrible... what a piece of crappy junk writing... some of these amateur authors...

Now excuse me while I go back to wasting more time with your digital pile of dung.
I must be a sick, sick person to have enjoyed hearing that.
Old 04-18-2011, 08:12 PM   #15
ASparrow
Addict

Quote:
if it is a spoiler, it's one that will get me back to reading your book. i'm not a horror fan.
Spoiler below

the

horror

aspect

is

a

red

herring

Tags
deliverance, demon, faerie, jazz, music