Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-02-2011, 09:36 AM   #1
zerofate
zerofate began at the beginning.

Device: none
Google Reader Shortcuts

Hi all

I have just purchased a kindle 3 and would like to use the web browser to navigate google reader. The videos and tutorials I have seen reference being able to jump from article to article using n and m or j and k. This works on my pc but not on my kindle. Am I doing something wrong?

Alec
zerofate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 06:41 PM   #2
stevo9er
stevo9er will become famous soon enoughstevo9er will become famous soon enoughstevo9er will become famous soon enoughstevo9er will become famous soon enoughstevo9er will become famous soon enoughstevo9er will become famous soon enough

Device: kindle
One thing I have found is that you need to click onto the content area with your cursor sometimes before it works. But it definitely works... Too well.. I spend way too much time on reader.

Click a stream, click f for fullscreen, maybe zoom in, then n or page down to scroll through.

Only thing I don't like is that you have to click on a folder before you can expand or collapse it, you can't just cursor over it.
stevo9er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 01:06 PM   #3
zerofate
zerofate began at the beginning.

Device: none
Got it working thanks, looks like it was just being funny.

I see what you mean, its very addicitive!
zerofate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 03:15 PM   #4
teadonkey
Zealot
teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
What exactly is Google Reader?
teadonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 07:41 PM   #5
stevo9er
stevo9er will become famous soon enoughstevo9er will become famous soon enoughstevo9er will become famous soon enoughstevo9er will become famous soon enoughstevo9er will become famous soon enoughstevo9er will become famous soon enough

Device: kindle
Google Reader is an RSS Reader. It takes feeds from blogs, online newspapers, etc and aggregates it in one place. It's amazing for keeping up on news.

Here is what it looks like on the kindle browser:

stevo9er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 07:51 PM   #6
teadonkey
Zealot
teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
That looks really neat! I suppose the only issue is I'd have to connect to a wifi, but that's relatively easy. I will give this a look.
teadonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 11:06 PM   #7
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
Thanks - I actually searched out the Dictator Addiction article.
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
google reader, kindle 3