Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 08-13-2009, 04:28 PM   #1
dionrowney
dionrowney began at the beginning.

Device: one that views pdfs
Best Device to view and work with PDFs?

I am looking at devices and want one that works best with viewing PDFs. I do not have any need for ebooks.

I just want to print documentation to pdf and read on the reader instead of wasting paper.

Uploading to device from Linux box via wifi etc would be best.

Recommendations?

dion
dionrowney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 11:22 AM   #2
spaze
Addict
spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Writing my first short story: Guardian Angel
As many here say, best reader device for PDF is the one that is sized A4. The ones with 6" display seem to small.

From what I have seen, PDFs can look good on 6" display, it all matters whether the device support reflow feature.

I for one, am really waiting to get my BeBook and don't hesitate to read my PDF files with it. There are some topics I have requested screenshots of my PDF files on BeBook device:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52950

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53260

When I get my BeBook, I will write a review here on how it adapts to PDF with the latest firmware.
spaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2009, 12:22 PM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The eInk device which is "best" for PDF, if it's within your price range, is almost without doubt the iRex DR1000S. It has the largest screen, and extremely flexible options for PDF display - eg it will automatically remove margins, display in pages or by continuous scrolling, allow you to search and annotate your documents, etc.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 01:01 AM   #4
spaze
Addict
spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Writing my first short story: Guardian Angel
One thing I discovered after usage of my BeBook, is that you can convert PDF to RTF or HTML and have a suitable document for 6" displays. If the documents are mainly spec texts, then you should be fine with 6" device, otherwise with a document full of graphics and schematics then I would do as Harry said.

Check out my BeBook review site at http://www.majgaj.com/bebook I wrote some usage experiences with PDF in there.
spaze is offline   Reply With Quote