Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-27-2013, 05:59 AM   #1
Br*ste1
Br*ste1 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1
PRS-T1 Crashes

Ever since I've bought the PRS-T1 last year, I am haunted by sporadic crashes. Or maybe "crash" is the wrong word, the reader simply won't come alive from sleep state. Crashes don't happen very frequently, but always in very bad situations, e.g. when I'm travelling and really NEED access to the travel guide on my PRS-T1. When I take a wire or pen and push the reset button, I can often recover after a couple of minutes, but not always. Sometimes, I just give up. However, it seems like, when I open the reader the following day, it has somehow recovered, although I don't know if it has to do with me pushing RESET or if it would have recovered on its own. For extensive testing, those crashes are too rare, but they sure are as annoying as hell.

My PRS-T1 is rooted with Rupor's Package. I already restored to standard firmware and then re-rooted with the newest Rupor version, but that changed nothing (and obviously, I don't know if the issues have anything to do with the device being rooted in the first place).

Does anyone have similar experiences and/or can give me a some advice? Thanks!
Br*ste1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:20 PM   #2
Ricky D'Angelo
Fanatic
Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, PRS-T-2, PRS 350, PRS 950; Kobo Mini; Kindle PW3, Fire 10
My PRS-350 had some issues when I installed an alternate OS and using a computer to check the ereader drive for errors helped (after connecting e reader to computer right click on drive >properties> tools >check now for errors.)
Ricky D'Angelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2013, 07:53 AM   #3
Br*ste1
Br*ste1 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1
Thanks for the advice - just did this, but no errors were found.

I'm wondering if the problems might be due to the lid permanently pushing on some of the buttons when it's in my bag. Just a stab in the dark, though.
Br*ste1 is offline   Reply With Quote