Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 01-09-2013, 01:42 AM   #31
ebusinesstutor
Star Gawker
ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
My smart phone doesn't tell me when there is email. The are only three distractions I allow on my smart phone.

1. Phone calls. If I was reading my e-reader and my cell phone rang, I would answer it anyway so it is no more of a distraction.

2. Scheduled appointments. If it is time to meet someone I WANT to be notified. So again, no issue here.

3. Texts. I hardly use texts. My wife might send me one to let me know where to meet her. More efficient and less of a distraction than a phone call.

The Internet, video and Angry Birds don't reach out and make me play or interrupt me while I am reading - I control that.
ebusinesstutor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:35 PM   #32
NickyWithNook
Guru
NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite (Don't use Nook anymore)
When I can have a color e-ink iPad Mini, I will stop using a dedicated e-reader. But I like the e-ink and I don't see that preference changing. I'd prefer only having one device that could do everything if the perfect device existed, though.
NickyWithNook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:11 PM   #33
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyWithNook View Post
I'd prefer only having one device that could do everything if the perfect device existed, though.
Yeah, me too.
Of course, I'd want two of them....
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:24 PM   #34
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
It wouldn't be perfect if there wasn't something I could find fault with!
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:32 PM   #35
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
It reminds me of a quote, "A house divided against itself cannot stand."
Amazon has both e-ink and tablets. lol.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:57 AM   #36
Sregener
Addict
Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
It reminds me of a quote, "A house divided against itself cannot stand."
Amazon has both e-ink and tablets. lol.
Well, this implies that Amazon is waging war with themselves - that their tablets and eInk readers are at odds. In fact, I think they are serving two different markets of readers. But the readers/tablets aren't what they're really selling; they sell those very close to cost. Their goal is to get you to buy Amazon digital content, like Kindle Books, MP3s, Instant Videos, etc. The Kindle Books must be a lucrative market by itself, because they keep making those eInk readers and trying to make them better.
Sregener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:27 AM   #37
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sregener View Post
The Kindle Books must be a lucrative market by itself, because they keep making those eInk readers and trying to make them better.
But not even they see much market for large eInk readers, alas. Kindle DX, we hardly knew ye

E Ink makes a beautiful 2400x1650 9.7" 300(!) DPI Pearl screen but nobody uses it. Probably because nobody (well, except a very few nutters with too much disposable income like me ) would pay what a reader with it would have to cost...
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote