Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 08:56 PM   #181
Namekuseijin
affordable chipmunk
Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony XPeria ZL, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
Last ever big success in the phone market.
before the Amaphone?
Old 09-04-2012, 09:00 PM   #182
ScotiaBurrell
Banned
ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle & little green monster
Quote:
73% down to 50%? If they didn't have their lawyers fight their dirty battles it would take less than that. With the recent decision I would say perhaps 1 1/2 years. Look at Nokia, things move quickly in this market. Apple has been standing still since the introduction of the iphone 4.
I would bet they sell a lot of phones and we all look back at this and smile.
Advert
Old 09-04-2012, 09:02 PM   #183
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotiaBurrell View Post
Time will tell, indeed.
Old 09-05-2012, 02:18 AM   #184
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotiaBurrell View Post
You *may* be right, but they will need to come up with a better upgrade than last year in order not to disappoint their faithful fans. The market is already being pumped for this years new model, and if it is not up to the standard set by the Galaxy S3 then your "lot of phones" *may* not amount to so many? FWIW it seems certain that they will add LTE to the standards supported, but will they also have a quad core processor, or just a simple screen upgrade?
Old 09-05-2012, 02:31 AM   #185
yosivd
yosivd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yosivd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yosivd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yosivd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yosivd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yosivd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yosivd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yosivd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yosivd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yosivd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yosivd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad
Quote:
Time will tell, indeed.
Thanks i agree.
Advert
Old 09-05-2012, 06:31 AM   #186
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
You *may* be right, but they will need to come up with a better upgrade than last year in order not to disappoint their faithful fans. The market is already being pumped for this years new model, and if it is not up to the standard set by the Galaxy S3 then your "lot of phones" *may* not amount to so many? FWIW it seems certain that they will add LTE to the standards supported, but will they also have a quad core processor, or just a simple screen upgrade?
And for gawd's sake get some real-estate on that tiny little thing!

and I'm not talking a measly 4" screen.

Last edited by kennyc; 09-05-2012 at 07:34 AM.
Old 09-05-2012, 06:45 AM   #187
din155
Guru
din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Win 10 thinkpad 8in
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
And for gawd's sake get some real-estate on that tiny little thing!
as long as it looks nice
Old 09-05-2012, 06:48 AM   #188
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
i play with my mom's ipad once in a while. i enjoy the smooth experience, but i find that i have a hard time doing much else, though in fairness i think what i'm asking for is a bit much, but i hope the Note 2 can fill those needs, especially with that S Pen
Old 09-05-2012, 09:29 AM   #189
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
It's all nice and good, but you're not disproving Sil_liS' point, which I gather was your intention by quoting his/her reply.
I've had this happen a few times before.
Old 09-05-2012, 11:51 AM   #190
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
There may not be much more than that. NFC was rumoured to be in, but it seems to be out now. Maybe they'll leave it for the next iteration, so they have something to bait people, so they upgrade.
Old 09-05-2012, 12:52 PM   #191
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
It's all nice and good, but you're not disproving Sil_liS' point, which I gather was your intention by quoting his/her reply.
I understood their point to be that Samsung's designs and behaviour were the same before the iPhone release and after it. I would have thought evidence from someone high up in their mobile division that the iPhone caused a crisis of design would disprove that.
Old 09-05-2012, 01:45 PM   #192
heySkippy
Groupie
heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by murraypaul View Post
I would have thought evidence from someone high up in their mobile division that the iPhone caused a crisis of design would disprove that.
I don't think anything will disprove anything to the True Believers, and that's on either side.

One thing's for sure, for all those years when Apple was down and out there wasn't anything like the amount of whining, rationalization, and overall angst now coming from the Android camp. It would be amusing if it wasn't so pathetic.
Old 09-05-2012, 02:00 PM   #193
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
Quote:
Originally Posted by murraypaul View Post
I understood their point to be that Samsung's designs and behaviour were the same before the iPhone release and after it. I would have thought evidence from someone high up in their mobile division that the iPhone caused a crisis of design would disprove that.
The article quoted by ScotiaBurrell was saying that Samsung's made a wide range of models because they tried to make their own iPhone, and "it pounced". I pointed out that Samsung made had a wide range of models before the iPhone, so the article is fiction.

The memo that you quoted is suggesting the opposite reaction to the iPhone than that from the article quoted by ScotiaBurrell, which is that someone high up in their mobile division deciding to limit the range. I would also like to point out that since the memo is from 2010, it doesn't really show a reaction to the iPhone (which came out 3 years prior) but to the changes in the market.
Old 09-05-2012, 02:41 PM   #194
ScotiaBurrell
Banned
ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle & little green monster
Quote:
Following last week’s verdict against Samsung, the kommentariat have raised the specter of an egregious new Apple Tax, one that Apple will levy on other smartphone makers who will have no choice but to pass the burden on to you. The idea is this: Samsung’s loss means it will now have to compete against Apple with its dominant hand — a lower price tag — tied behind its back. This will allow Apple to exact higher prices for its iPhones (and iPads) and thus inflict even more pain and suffering on consumers.
Quote:
Apple paid Nokia more than $600M plus an estimated $11.50 per iPhone sold. Where were the handwringers who now accuse Apple of abusing the patent system when the Nokia settlement took place?
Quote:
The Korean giant reportedly agreed to pay Microsoft “between $10 and $15 – for each Android smartphone or tablet computer it sells.” Sell 100M devices and the tax bill owed to Ballmer and Co. exceeds $1B. Despite this onerous surcharge, Android devices thrive, and Samsung has quickly jumped to the lead in the Android handset race
http://www.mondaynote.com/2012/08/26...e-tax-part-ii/
Old 09-05-2012, 03:44 PM   #195
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Just out of interest, how many threads do you think would have been created here about this story, if it had been about Apple rather than Samsung?
Closed Thread