Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-27-2007, 01:51 PM   #1
Mythago
Mythago began at the beginning.

Question Trying to compile xvnc viewer

I finally have scratchbox setup enough to compile. Now I'm trying to compile a vnc viewer but have run into a problem:
Code:
[sbox-iliad: ~/src.xvncviewer] > ../dl-and-install.sh -u xvncviewer
(it finds VNC-3.3.7, downloads it, extracts it, patches it and then...)
Aplying additional patches
patch -p1 < debian/patches/1.txt
patching file vncviewer/argsresources.c
Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected!  Assume -R? [n]
If I answer no, then it asks "Apply anyway?" If I answer yes to that then 3 out of 4 hunks fail in the patch.

If I answer yes then it seems to work ok.

I then do ./configure which works fine, no complaints. Then I run make and it runs smoothly up until:
Code:
argsresources.c:27:28: X11/Xaw/Toggle.h: No such file or directory
(and a lot more errors after that, all for argsresources.c)
Does this mean it's looking for the Toggle.h file but can't find it on the iLiad? Or is it related to the question that comes up when patching that same file? or both?

-Mythago
Mythago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 02:00 PM   #2
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
I tried the package on the debian site as well, and got the same errors.

Try the package from http://www.realvnc.com (http://fresh.t-systems-sfr.com/linux...unixsrc.tar.gz for a quick link to wget). I was able to download, compile, and run that in my development environment. It includes the viewer and the server.

And to answer your original question, I believe it is looking for the Toggle.h file. You may have to download some X11 sources to build that package.

Last edited by Adam B.; 03-27-2007 at 02:10 PM.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-27-2007, 04:17 PM   #3
Mythago
Mythago began at the beginning.

Thanks for the realvnc recommendation. I got it to mostly compile, although it still wouldn't run through a full make. I had to go into the viewviewer directory and run make there. All I need is the viewer so I'm happy.

-Mythago
Mythago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 04:20 PM   #4
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Have you tested it on the iLiad? How well does it work?
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote