Notices

Old 02-20-2010, 02:18 AM   #1
hakan42
Zealot
hakan42 is on a distinguished road

Device: Nook Classic rooted; Galaxy S IV with Aldiko, other older devices
"cannot import name JSONConfig" on launching calibre .42

Hi,

I just installed .42 on my Windows Vista Box. Over the last few versions, my calibre installation fails to start with an error message box showing

Code:
cannot import name JSONConfig (Error Code: 1)
Does anyone have an idea how to fix or debug this?

Regards,
Hakan
hakan42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 04:30 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Do you have a calibre development environment setup?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2010, 06:42 AM   #3
hakan42
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Do you have a calibre development environment setup?
No, on my Windows machine, I just have the normal, user installation from the latest .42 msi file.

Development on calibre is on my Linux box which does not share any calibre files with the Windows box. (By the way, how do I create a windows installer? I did not find anything on the web site)

Regards,
Hakan
Old 02-20-2010, 11:20 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Well that error indicates it's picking up old code from somewhere.

You can't create a windows installer, at least not easily, the windows build script in calibre is setup to work on my particular windows environment.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 03:37 AM   #5
hakan42
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Well that error indicates it's picking up old code from somewhere.
, I did indeed have a copy of database2.py in the subdirectories.

Regards,
Hakan
Advert