seed

svakanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2009, 10:35 PM   #33
Solari
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by brn_eyed_girl81 View Post
I still wish there was a little more variety on the magazines. So far nothing has given me enough pull to subscribe.
Why don't you download Calibre and use it to pull magazines/blogs for your Kindle? I use it daily and it works very well and it it is free.

Ray
Old 03-05-2009, 01:49 PM   #34
sydtibs
sydtibs began at the beginning.

Device: Sony eReader 505
I bought a Sony 505 because I didn't like the awkward shape of the Kindle, but I'm very intrigued by the Kindle 2. One of the main reasons I would consider getting one is because of the ability to download the LA Times and Time Magazine. I would love to read the newspaper while travelling around in our RV.
sydtibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 04:07 PM   #35
healanb
healanb began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I read the Wall Street Journal on the Kindle 1 and Readers Digest.

Today, at a coffee place, I was reading WSJ on the Kindle while waiting for friends. I didn't get much reading done, because people kept interrupting me and asking for a look at the Kindle. One man spent 20 minutes reading his favorite columns in Readers Digest. I thought I would never retrieve my Kindle.

Healan
healanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2009, 06:24 PM   #36
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydtibs View Post
I bought a Sony 505 because I didn't like the awkward shape of the Kindle, but I'm very intrigued by the Kindle 2. One of the main reasons I would consider getting one is because of the ability to download the LA Times and Time Magazine. I would love to read the newspaper while travelling around in our RV.
Have you d/led calibre yet? I can download stuff from their web sites. I'm not sure if everything is available, but you could try it and see.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 11:02 PM   #37
jeremy81
Enthusiast
jeremy81 can extract oil from cheesejeremy81 can extract oil from cheesejeremy81 can extract oil from cheesejeremy81 can extract oil from cheesejeremy81 can extract oil from cheesejeremy81 can extract oil from cheesejeremy81 can extract oil from cheesejeremy81 can extract oil from cheesejeremy81 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Fire & Kindle 3
I'm subscribed to the Amazon Daily and a trial or the New York Times. I doubt I will continue with the subscription to the newspaper. I refuse to pay for a subscription to a blog. I read about 50 or more blogs/rss feeds in NetNewsWire on Mac and iPhone. I enjoy NNW for the simple fact that it stays in sync across all my devices. Now if I could add my own RSS feeds to Kindle for free or even for a small flat/single monthly fee I might consider it.
jeremy81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 12:42 AM   #38
Solari
Nameless Being

Jeremy -- try Calibre. It downloads mags, blogs, and newspapers off RSS feeds.

Ray
Old 03-09-2009, 09:28 PM   #39
Glenn Ellen
Glenn Ellen began at the beginning.

Blog--Huffington Post
Newspaper--New York Times latest top news story
Glenn Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 12:20 AM   #40
Dragoro
Lovecraft Fan
Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Kindle Touch
Blogs: Michelle Malkin
Dragoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 11:10 AM   #41
busy91
Connoisseur
busy91 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.busy91 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.busy91 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2, Nook Color
none, but I'm not sure about them. NYT is not my thing, I was looking at Newsweek though.
busy91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 11:30 AM   #42
KindleDude
Connoisseur
KindleDude doesn't litterKindleDude doesn't litter

I subscribe to The Washington Post, and occasionally buy individual issues of the NYT, New Yorker, and Asimov's Science Fiction, depending on whether I have time to read them.

I tried one issue of Forbes when I was on the Kindle 1, and I found it a bit frustrating because you couldn't really read the charts and graphs. I wonder if that's any better now with the zoom ability of the Kindle 2? I may give it a try.
KindleDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 11:16 PM   #43
Hantra
Enthusiast
Hantra began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I happen to think the Wall Street Journal is awesome! It's one of the few papers that has fantastic writing, and is quite a bit more timely than the other financial ones.
Hantra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 01:16 PM   #44
Richie
Richie began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 1
Kindle Periodical Info

Issue I have been having.

If your Kindle 1 breaks or you purchase a Kindle 2 all your Newspaper and Magazine issues will be UNREADABLE on the replacement or new device.

First, Amazon does not archive Newspaper and Magazine issues in your account for more that a few issues unlike when you purchase books.

It is up to you to back up NPs and Magazines onto your computer to archive, for example The Wall Street Journal.

Here is the rub. Should you loose, receive a replacement Kindle (warranty or otherwise) or purchase a Kindle 2 ALL past issues of Newspapers or Magazines that were downloaded to the original Kindle will be UNREADABLE on any subsequent Kindle even though it is registered to your account.

Think about this for a moment. You BUY these periodicals and obtain the rights for your use, but if you purchase or replace your Kindle you have no further rights to read past issues YOU bought and paid for.

One better hope that their Kindle never breaks because Amazon does not repair YOUR Kindle they replace it with another. Therefore no more use of your periodicals.

Sound absurd? Well it is true. So much for a reference library.

On one hand you can purchase a hard copy of a magazine or newspaper and let 1000 people read it, but now it turns out you can't even read a copy of the very one YOU purchased.

For all the good that has come out of Kindle it amazes me some of the stupidity that has been built in to their policies
Richie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 01:33 PM   #45
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Welcome to the wonderful word of DRM.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
duck!