Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-19-2013, 02:33 PM   #16
Fortron
Fortron began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foosho View Post
Launcher=tweaks.executeSystemCmd(\"/mnt/onboard/.kobo/KoboLauncher/KoboLauncher.sh\")
Yes I tried that and it does display the Launcher item in the menu,
but it doesn't run anything when I select it.
Are the any other requirements needed so it can run the games and apps?
Fortron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:38 PM   #17
Foosho
Foosho began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Hmm, this line works on my Kobo Touch

- KoboLauncher.sh should be in the directory .kobo/KoboLauncher
- mind the escaped quotes
- when doing any changes, the Kobo must be rebooted (turned off and on, not only sleep mode)

Last edited by Foosho; 02-19-2013 at 02:51 PM.
Foosho is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2013, 02:46 PM   #18
Fortron
Fortron began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foosho View Post
Hmm, this line works on my Kobo Touch

- KoboLauncher.sh should be in the directory .kobo/Kobolauncher
- mind the escaped quotes
- when doing any changes, the Kobo must be rebooted (turned off and on, not only sleep mode)
Thank you it works now, just needed to reboot the device.
Fortron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:54 PM   #19
Frankr
Zealot
Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EzReader, Sony 650, Kindle 5, Onyx i62HD, Kobo Aura HD
Hello, Maybe this is a dumb question, where do we find the list of available options to add to our customcommands?
Frankr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:14 PM   #20
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ah- View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by magphil View Post
Is there any way to get the chapter progress bar back ?

Or is it missing because Kobo does not update chapter location while reading since 2.3.1 ?
Not at the moment but it might come back some time. I haven't looked at it yet to be honest.
Ah that's a shame. For me, that's the most important part of this "hack."

My biggest appreciation for finding time to implement it again!
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2013, 03:43 PM   #21
ah-
Connoisseur
ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankr View Post
Hello, Maybe this is a dumb question, where do we find the list of available options to add to our customcommands?
At the moment these are available:
tweaks.library()
tweaks.tweaksSettings()
tweaks.openBrowser()
tweaks.connectWifi()
tweaks.toggleAirplaneMode()
tweaks.uninstallPlugin()
tweaks.sync(true)
tweaks.sleep()
tweaks.powerOff()
tweaks.shelves()
tweaks.readingLife()
tweaks.sudoku()
tweaks.chess()
tweaks.scribble()
tweaks.executeSystemCmd(\"some shell command \")

And yes I think that at the moment you have to reboot to see any changes when you edit the config file.
ah- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:44 PM   #22
xor_
Zealot
xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankr View Post
There can be no finite list, since you can run any command you could run from the commandline. All the programs installed on the reader, including whatever Linux program you install yourself.

In addition to the special options ah- mentions.

Last edited by xor_; 02-19-2013 at 03:49 PM. Reason: too late.
xor_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:44 PM   #23
Friedelxt
Friedelxt is a marvel to beholdFriedelxt is a marvel to beholdFriedelxt is a marvel to beholdFriedelxt is a marvel to beholdFriedelxt is a marvel to beholdFriedelxt is a marvel to beholdFriedelxt is a marvel to beholdFriedelxt is a marvel to beholdFriedelxt is a marvel to beholdFriedelxt is a marvel to beholdFriedelxt is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo Aura (not hd), kindle "schokowhite" pw2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post

for me too
Friedelxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:59 AM   #24
kano
kano began at the beginning.

Device: KoboGlo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friedelxt View Post
for me too
dito, das ist eigentlich das Beste daran
kano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:42 AM   #25
piratepanda
Connoisseur
piratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by kano View Post
dito, das ist eigentlich das Beste daran
Please post in english, not everyone understands german, thank you!
piratepanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:39 AM   #26
auspex
Groupie
auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Nexus 5x
Quote:
Originally Posted by piratepanda View Post
Please post in english, not everyone understands german, thank you!
oh, puh-lease. Like he said "ditto".
auspex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:35 AM   #27
eXistenZ
Connoisseur
eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Kobo GLO
Hi someone can help me with kobotweaks.ini?
Here it is the content:
Quote:
[Tweaks]
hideShop=false
hideWishlist=false

[CustomCommands]
Reboot=tweaks.executeSystemCmd(\"busybox reboot\")
LIGHT1=tweaks.executeSystemCmd(\"/mnt/onboard/.kobo/frontlight 1")
ReadingLife=tweaks.readingLife()
Scribble=tweaks.scribble()
Reboot works properly
LIGHT1 doesn't work (the frontlight file is in the right place, the .kobo folder) on tap does nothing
ReadingLife and Scribble doesn't even appear in the menu.

After the change to ini file, i rebooted the Glo and opened/closed the library to update the home.

Any clue?
eXistenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:52 AM   #28
Mingyar
Connoisseur
Mingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo Mini/Aura H2O/Aura One LE / Tea Inkpad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by eXistenZ View Post
Here it is the content:

Reboot works properly
LIGHT1 doesn't work (the frontlight file is in the right place, the .kobo folder) on tap does nothing
ReadingLife and Scribble doesn't even appear in the menu.

After the change to ini file, i rebooted the Glo and opened/closed the library to update the home.

Any clue?
You should backslash all double quotes :
LIGHT1=tweaks.executeSystemCmd(\"/mnt/onboard/.kobo/frontlight 1\")
Mingyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:31 AM   #29
KevinShort
Addict
KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by eXistenZ View Post
Just a note that if the frontlight is off, setting the light to level 1 has no effect. The frontlight must first be turned on before level 1 works.
KevinShort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:47 AM   #30
eXistenZ
Connoisseur
eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Kobo GLO
Thanks

to both of you, the light1 now works, it was the lack of backslash and apparently it was the cause of the ReadingLife and Scribble to not appear in the menu.
eXistenZ is offline   Reply With Quote