Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 01-25-2012, 10:47 AM   #211
MrsJoseph
Loves Ellipsis...
MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi (broken), nook STR (returned), Kobo Touch, Sony T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
This is my second try with Ms. Hobb. First was a complete non-starter. This? I'm not sure. But I suspect I'll probably go back to finish the trilogy if I ever get caught up on my TBR. (Yeah, like that will happen. )
lol! Funny enough, that's pretty close to what I thought, too!
MrsJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 06:44 PM   #212
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none

-- A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z --
-- PRE 1900 1910 1920 1930 1940 1950 1960 1970 1980 1990 2000 2010 --

Is that right? January 25th and I've only got five more decade spots and 16 more letters of the alphabet to cover?
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2012, 10:56 AM   #213
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Well, the first month is over, how goes the progress boys and girls?

11 books and 3,300 pages. Those are shocking numbers for me.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 11:04 AM   #214
MrsJoseph
Loves Ellipsis...
MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

8 books, no clue on page count, let me go find out...
Old 02-01-2012, 11:11 AM   #215
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
I'm almost 70% through my 17th book, which puts me at about 4,000 pages.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2012, 11:14 AM   #216
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD8
I am going to have to revise my stats, wanted to read 50 books this year, just finished number 23 (7 where shorts though)

Not sure on page counts, I use goodreads to get this, but with recent changes things are messed up
paulsalter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:01 PM   #217
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
I had two weeks of travel for work where I didn't read as much as I had hoped, so that slowed me down. I ended with 7 complete books (including the one I started in December) and 1,710 pages. Before those two weeks I was at 5 books and 1,100 pages.

This is just barely on pace for my goal, but based on last year, I will probably have a couple months where I go way above average too. I need to get some extra mileage before March since I will be traveling more then too, this time with the kids, and I know there won't be much time for reading, especially since I do most of my reading on the commuter train to work.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:18 PM   #218
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
So far I've finished 6 books and 1 short story, which total 2201 pages.

Book wise I'm behind on last year, but since I'm having a bit of a reading burn out it surprised me that I managed to read over 2000 pages.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 01:10 PM   #219
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
I've only read 4, and am 2 books behind on my challenge. I'll make it up soon though .
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 01:34 PM   #220
MrsJoseph
Loves Ellipsis...

4 new books arrived today!!!!
Old 02-01-2012, 05:24 PM   #221
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
I've read 7 books (one of which was a short story) equaling 1,875 pages. I am approximately 2 books behind my 100 book goal, but I'm doing quite nicely with my series goal(s).
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 06:38 PM   #222
missimpossible
Groupie
missimpossible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.missimpossible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.missimpossible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.missimpossible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.missimpossible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.missimpossible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.missimpossible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.missimpossible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.missimpossible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.missimpossible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.missimpossible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra 2, Clara 2e, Oasis 3
Read 9 books in January, which apparently equals 3076 pages. A little below par for me, tbh, but Gardens of the Moon took up a large part of both the page count and my time. Hopefully have a better February!
missimpossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:03 AM   #223
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
I'm at 19 out of 150, so I'm on track. I'm really enjoying the last two series I've started - Allie Beckstrom and Chicagoland Vampires.
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:11 PM   #224
jessicalynn
Zealot
jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jessicalynn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Nook First Gen (broken), iPad, Kindle Touch SO
I read 11 books in January. I had a lot of downtime at work this month which I put to good use by reading.

I finished my re-read of the Last Vampire series by Christopher Pike, which I would consider fluff books. Also, they were god awful. I enjoyed them when I was younger, and I bought the reissued series on a whim months ago. I wish I hadn't. They are going straight to the used bookstore next week! *shudder*
jessicalynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 09:27 AM   #225
tponzo
Addict
tponzo doesn't littertponzo doesn't littertponzo doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS 900(gave it to my sister); Sony PRS-T1; onyx book note air
I seem to be doing pretty well towards my challenge. As of Jan. 28 I was at 20 books with 13 of them new. (gotta update that ticker!) Two were short stories and I counted them together as one book. Re-reading the Seven Brides by Leigh Greenwood put me in the mood to read more of his books so I might tackle the Cowboys series next. Not right away though because it's a long series (10 or 12 books IIRC) and I want to get further along on reading new books. I tried to read The Murder of Roger Ackroyd by Agatha Christie. I've always wanted to read it, but the digital copy I have is missing some text. I can't seem to find a good (free!) copy. All of the ones I found have the same problem. I might have to "gasp" check out a dead tree book from the library.

I just got a couple of new books by by Cynthia Eden and Nicky Charles so am looking forward to those. I also didn't get a lot of the new release books from my favorite authors at the end of 2011/beginning of 2012 so have about a
20 or 30 book backlog to catch up on with lots of new stuff anticipated for spring. At some point in the next few months or so I'm going to read Under the Dome and 11/23/63 by Stephen King. So plugging right along.
Happy reading everyone!
tponzo is offline   Reply With Quote