Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 09-25-2011, 08:55 AM   #1
futureway
futureway began at the beginning.

Device: pocket edge
sharing within home group?

i think i can scan and find my another pc, but it failed to log in. any suggestion or other way to share files in home? thanks.
futureway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 10:02 AM   #2
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by futureway View Post
i think i can scan and find my another pc, but it failed to log in. any suggestion or other way to share files in home? thanks.
What OS are you using? If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7 open the Control Panel, Network and Internet, Network and Sharing Center, and ensure Network Discovery and File Sharing are turned On. In Vista the Sharing and Discovery Options will be displayed. In Windows 7 you have to select Change advanced sharing settings. It is important to consider security issues, and to assign specific permissions to shared resources.

Last edited by obsessed2; 09-25-2011 at 12:14 PM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2011, 01:13 PM   #3
futureway

obsessed2, thanks a lot. I use win7 and Network Discovery and File Sharing are turned On. In PE, I use es file expl-> lan-> menue,new,scan, can scan and find my pc, but cannot log in. I do have a username, but no password for my pc. i also set up homegroup password. i tried all combination, still cannot log in. any suggestion? thanks.
Old 09-25-2011, 01:30 PM   #4
futureway

Got it to work. Looks like have to give a password to my pc username. thanks.
Old 09-25-2011, 01:44 PM   #5
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by futureway View Post
obsessed2, thanks a lot. I use win7 and Network Discovery and File Sharing are turned On. In PE, I use es file expl-> lan-> menue,new,scan, can scan and find my pc, but cannot log in. I do have a username, but no password for my pc. i also set up homegroup password. i tried all combination, still cannot log in. any suggestion? thanks.
Did you try this? For the username put the username you use for logging into the computer and leave the password blank? Also, You may have already checked this, but in the Advanced sharing settings submenu of the Network and Sharing Center make sure Password protected sharing is turned Off.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2011, 05:23 PM   #6
futureway

I think i have tried to leave password blank. it didnot work. so i add password to my pc username. it works perfectly. thanks.