Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-16-2009, 07:55 PM   #1
geneven
Member Retired
geneven has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.geneven has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.geneven has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.geneven has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Nokia N800, N810, Kindle 2
Playing MP3s

I've been listening to this week's Economist on my Kindle 2 after copying the mp3 files into the Music directory, as the Kindle manual describes. You go into Experimental to choose Play MP3 and it starts.

But it doesn't play the stories in order.

What I really want is a menu on my Home screen that pops up and lets me choose what stories I want to listen to.

Can that be done? What url do I use to try the Music folder?

Is it at /home/user/Music, perhaps, or something like that?

Anyone have suggestions on how to control the music played besides "Hit alt-F to play the next track" as the manual and the Experimental screen tells us?

I already have a menu on my home screen that lets me choose what newspaper I want to see or run my Yahoo web mail, so I'm trying to expand what I can do with it.

Last edited by geneven; 10-17-2009 at 01:01 AM.
geneven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 10:13 AM   #2
clarknova
Addict
clarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with others

Device: Kindle 2
I'm surprised no one's answered this earlier. If you put the MP3's in the "Audible" directory on your Kindle, they'll show up listed in the Home menu as audio books.
clarknova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 12:16 PM   #3
geneven
Member Retired
geneven has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.geneven has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.geneven has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.geneven has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Nokia N800, N810, Kindle 2
Wow, that's a huge improvement, thanks. Now that you mention it, I think I read that somewhere but it didn't sink in. I have zillions of Audible files that could go in that directory; putting mp3s there is something I wouldn't have tried naturally. I was a fervent five-books a month Audible subscriber for about six years.
geneven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 12:36 PM   #4
meem
A Reader who can think..!
meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi - Kindle DX (B004)
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarknova View Post
I'm surprised no one's answered this earlier. If you put the MP3's in the "Audible" directory on your Kindle, they'll show up listed in the Home menu as audio books.
Good question, if you but MP3s in "Documects" or "Audible" folders you will get the same result.
Then way they put two folders while the files will be show in the same index ?!
meem is offline   Reply With Quote