Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 07-13-2009, 07:50 AM   #16
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
There was a sort of clock (I've absolutely no knowledge of music and musical terms, especially for orchestras!) underneath it.
"Metronome", maybe?
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 08:19 AM   #17
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
"Metronome", maybe?
It did count up, so, it could be
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-14-2009, 12:27 AM   #18
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Hmm, when I went to see the War of the Worlds two weeks ago, I noticed that the orchestra didn't have paper in front of them, but LCD screens... And I never saw them "turning" a page, so I assume it was all done electronically. There was a sort of clock (I've absolutely no knowledge of music and musical terms, especially for orchestras!) underneath it. I think the turning of the page was connected with that clock (I was sitting in front of the conductor (I believe it's called) so had a decent view )
The readers I've seen have a foot pedal wired up which allows the musician to turn the page by tapping their foot. I'm sure that's they only way they would want it to work. Using a clock wouldn't allow them to adjust to the real time performance.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 04:49 AM   #19
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gideon View Post
Amazon now has sheet music available for download. Prices vary, as does selection.
I just discovered the International Music Score Library Project. I guess most of the scores are A4/letter-formatted PDFs, but I don't think anything prevents uploading ebook-sized versions.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 04:52 AM   #20
kindleopa
kindleopa began at the beginning.

Device: kindle dx
I use Kindle DX in the chorus rehearsal.

It has some improvable features like
- no Annotations (e.g. "breath in bar 19" etc.) are possible
- no zoom function (Score has to be big enough to read lyrics)

But its so much better than carrying around all the score sheets.
kindleopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert