Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 08-15-2008, 01:42 PM   #121
JeffElkins
Guru
JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E/HD, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedavis1 View Post
Worked beautifully! Thanks.
You're welcome
JeffElkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 08:56 PM   #122
moneytoo
Enthusiast
moneytoo began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Hi. Thanks for the Customizer.
I tried flashing several times (always deleting card before new flash and reflashing using original fw). All the mods work but the "Unicode fonts with Cyrillic Support" doesnt seem to work (some accented characters are still missing - same as with the original fw). I was using the "russification" for viewing books in Central/Eastern European encoding with the old firmware for months and it was ok. Is there something I have to turn on to replace the fonts?
moneytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 11:07 AM   #123
JeffElkins
Guru
JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneytoo View Post
Hi. Thanks for the Customizer.
I tried flashing several times (always deleting card before new flash and reflashing using original fw). All the mods work but the "Unicode fonts with Cyrillic Support" doesnt seem to work (some accented characters are still missing - same as with the original fw). I was using the "russification" for viewing books in Central/Eastern European encoding with the old firmware for months and it was ok. Is there something I have to turn on to replace the fonts?
Shouldn't be. It may be a problem with the files.505.1.1.00.18040/opt/sony/ebook/FONT folder...see if it's capitalized; if not, rename it. Also, please try the new version, 0.04.
Old 08-17-2008, 02:54 PM   #124
moneytoo
Enthusiast
moneytoo began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Version 0.04 and capitalized FONT folder work. Thank you.
moneytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 03:01 PM   #125
JeffElkins
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneytoo View Post
Version 0.04 and capitalized FONT folder work. Thank you.
Please delete that 0.04 zip! I found a nasty xml bug that hits some cases. I'll re-upload when it's fixed.
Old 08-18-2008, 03:43 PM   #126
revmike
Zealot
revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Sony Readers 505 \ T-2, Nook Glowlight Plus 7.8
I have the same problem as mngreen, I've tried three times, but no success, I'm going to buy a new sd card the one I'm using now is the micro with an sd adapter, maybe that will help.
revmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 03:55 PM   #127
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Will 0.4 allow everything to be optional?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 04:36 PM   #128
jakewastaken
Media Whore.
jakewastaken has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jakewastaken has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jakewastaken has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS-505
I think a changelog and maybe a new thread would be a good idea. It's hard for people to tell if they need to update or not.
jakewastaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 04:51 PM   #129
JeffElkins
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Will 0.4 allow everything to be optional?
All but personalization and clock.

Last edited by JeffElkins; 08-18-2008 at 06:03 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 08-18-2008, 04:54 PM   #130
JeffElkins
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakewastaken View Post
I think a changelog and maybe a new thread would be a good idea. It's hard for people to tell if they need to update or not.
Being in a sticky is a better option in a new thread. I'll give a changelog some thought though...
Old 08-18-2008, 07:57 PM   #131
JeffElkins
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by revmike View Post
I have the same problem as mngreen, I've tried three times, but no success, I'm going to buy a new sd card the one I'm using now is the micro with an sd adapter, maybe that will help.
Sorry you're having problems.
Old 08-18-2008, 11:32 PM   #132
revmike
Zealot
revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Was able to get it to work after connecting to computer and installing with a new sd card.
Thanks for your efforts and others to bring this program to the masses.
Old 08-19-2008, 12:46 AM   #133
JeffElkins
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by revmike View Post
Was able to get it to work after connecting to computer and installing with a new sd card.
Thanks for your efforts and others to bring this program to the masses.
You're welcome. I sure am puzzled why the mini/micro sd cards can be an issue...
Old 08-19-2008, 12:27 PM   #134
revmike
Zealot

Flasher gave me the clock and personal info, but will not give me the new icons, only the originals. If I select any icon set I get the following error message /tmp/self upgrade/new_optimg not found. Strange in any event the clock was what I really wanted.
Old 08-19-2008, 12:34 PM   #135
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffElkins View Post
All but personalization and clock.
The clock can be turned off. No problem. But why not make the personalization optional? Some people may not want it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote