Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-26-2010, 01:01 AM   #1
TonytheBookworm
Addict
TonytheBookworm is on a distinguished road

Device: kindle 2, kindle 3, Kindle fire
Is there a way to get rid of this annoyance?

I use calibre to send news to my kindle every morning via the wifi (name@free.kindle.com). Works perfectly with one thing I can not stand. The notifications that amazon sends you stating there is a document waiting for download on wifi. I would love it to simply not send me that notification and just download the document when i hit a hotspot or simply notify me and when it connects to a hotspot automatically remove the notice. I send 5 feeds to my kindle every day and each time I have to remove 5 notices from amazon stating that there is a document waiting on wifi (even though it has already downloaded). I get to the point of saying to myself NO DUH!!!!
TonytheBookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 03:00 AM   #2
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
It is annoying for sure but there doesn't appear to be any way to stop receiving these notifications. I know we had this question recently and no one came up with a solution - sorry!
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 03:01 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Unfortunately no, there isn't.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 09:08 AM   #4
mlrtime3
mlrtime3 began at the beginning.

Device: k3
This is one of the reasons I didn't get the 3G version. The wifi-only version does not have this 'feature'
mlrtime3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 10:44 AM   #5
shrik
shrik began at the beginning.

Device: Nexus 7 Wifi 32 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlrtime3 View Post
This is one of the reasons I didn't get the 3G version. The wifi-only version does not have this 'feature'
Ah okay. Was about to post saying if the email notification is that annoying then just set up a filter to make it skip your inbox. I have the wifi-only version and didn't see any on-device notification..
shrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 10:48 AM   #6
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrik View Post
Ah okay. Was about to post saying if the email notification is that annoying then just set up a filter to make it skip your inbox. I have the wifi-only version and didn't see any on-device notification..
We can set-up a filter like that on our Kindle.com mailbox???

If so, I'd sure like to also because it is annoying to have that message popping up on your Kindle Home Page all the time.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 01:49 PM   #7
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
You can't filter out or stop the notifications on the Kindle itself. You could set up a filter to delete the ones you also get via email.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 08:59 PM   #8
TonytheBookworm
Addict
TonytheBookworm is on a distinguished road

Device: kindle 2, kindle 3, Kindle fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
You can't filter out or stop the notifications on the Kindle itself. You could set up a filter to delete the ones you also get via email.
it really looks like they would at the very least auto delete the notice when the content downloads. BOO HISS TO THIS !!!!!
TonytheBookworm is offline   Reply With Quote