Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 08-01-2010, 07:07 AM   #1
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
A little quiet in Astakland....... Hope Rovertb is ok...

Any thoughts on how Astak will react to the recent changes in the ebook world?
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 08:05 AM   #2
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
It is quiet. Robert goes off for two weeks and so does everyone else.

My prediction.

$189 for the 6" EZ Reader Plus
$175 for the 5" Pocket Pro (same as the Mother's day blowout price).

Potentially there is the possibility of them running a promotional program ie: buy any EZ Reader line and get a $20 ebook voucher from their ebook store. I think there is no longer any real money to be made in the readers themselves, money is to be made in the content. Now is the time for the revamped ezread.com website to be up and running. Prices are good, but I'm not willing to punch in my credit card details without the website running some form of encryption. I noticed today that they have updated it so ebook prices are in local currency
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 07:27 PM   #3
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 54A, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung S6 Lite
They REALLY do need to get the bookstore fully operational (ie including the agy 5 books) I have a slew that I want to buy from them, but can't because the books aren't there!
cfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 10:59 PM   #4
tmclough
Connoisseur
tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pocket PRO
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrizz View Post
They REALLY do need to get the bookstore fully operational (ie including the agy 5 books) I have a slew that I want to buy from them, but can't because the books aren't there!
Earlier today, I went over to http://www.theezreader.com/html/, clicked on Buy eBooks, and tried a search for "Star Trek" on each of the bookstores on the list. Out of the 12 stores, there were 9 that actually worked properly and were unique. (For one of them (eChapterOne), the page could not be found; a second (A1Books) was down for server maintenance; and a third (eBooks About Everything) was forwarded to another one, already on the list (Diesel eBook Store).)

That said, of the 9, unique stores, exactly 2 of them (Books On Board and eBooks.com) had a collection of Star Trek novels, as opposed to just books about Star Trek, books with "Star" and/or "Trek" in the title, etc. Which, if extrapolated to all of the Agency 5 publishers and their titles, tells me that most (7 out of 9) ebooks stores don't have any of the Agency 5, not just EZRead.com.
tmclough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 12:06 AM   #5
Mr. Dalliard
Zealot
Mr. Dalliard began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Give the man a chance - he has just come out of fairly major surgery.
Mr. Dalliard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 01:19 AM   #6
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dalliard View Post
Give the man a chance - he has just come out of fairly major surgery.
I dont think people are expecting Robert to be doing stuff, I think people are expecting Astak to be doing something. People are still waiting for the updates ebook site and new 6" that has been coming for some time now. Firmware updates appear to have stopped coming out too (Dec is the latest stable version)
Old 08-02-2010, 08:25 AM   #7
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 54A, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung S6 Lite
Precisely Solicitous! I want Robert to take all the time he needs to get well. His health comes first.

But Astak needs to get on the ball here & get things in gear if they actually want to stay in business.
cfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 05:48 PM   #8
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

As people mentioned befffore....I think a free or cheap release of the Pocket P or mentor with a money certificate at the Astak bookshop would be good provided that the selection is large enough.....
Old 08-02-2010, 06:45 PM   #9
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Smile Robertb made it thru and back late Wednesday!

Dear Hidari,CFrizz, Lady, and SO many more:

I did have the surgery on the early morning of July 15. I was on the table by 7:30 a.m. and the next thing I really remember the sun was going down.

The pain, I will not fool you, was HORRIBLE for 2 days!! I could not move at all to get up or lay down or rest. It was sheer misery!! The pain pills helped maybe 10%.

After that it was a matter of spikes of pain. I could lay on my back and it hurt only a little... but moving the left leg even two inches would send a spike of maximum pain!

Then, about 5 days after surgery, I really started to be able to get around a bit. Using crutches and a cane... I could actually use the restroom again!

Three days ago was the start of feeling far better. I was not pain free, but all of a sudden the horrible spikes of pain stopped!

I will return to work on late Wednesday as I have an appointment with a buyer. Maybe Thursday I will be able to answer questions on things like the PLUS schedule. I have been kept entirely out of the loop by my company so I know nothing!

Thank you and thank you again!! This may be a bit poorly written as I am still on the pain meds... but they end Tuesday!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 06:59 PM   #10
hidari
MR Drone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
Dear Hidari,CFrizz, Lady, and SO many more:

I did have the surgery on the early morning of July 15. I was on the table by 7:30 a.m. and the next thing I really remember the sun was going down.

The pain, I will not fool you, was HORRIBLE for 2 days!! I could not move at all to get up or lay down or rest. It was sheer misery!! The pain pills helped maybe 10%.

After that it was a matter of spikes of pain. I could lay on my back and it hurt only a little... but moving the left leg even two inches would send a spike of maximum pain!

Then, about 5 days after surgery, I really started to be able to get around a bit. Using crutches and a cane... I could actually use the restroom again!

Three days ago was the start of feeling far better. I was not pain free, but all of a sudden the horrible spikes of pain stopped!

I will return to work on late Wednesday as I have an appointment with a buyer. Maybe Thursday I will be able to answer questions on things like the PLUS schedule. I have been kept entirely out of the loop by my company so I know nothing!

Thank you and thank you again!! This may be a bit poorly written as I am still on the pain meds... but they end Tuesday!
Good to hear you recovered!.... Looking forward to hearing from you this week..........
Old 08-02-2010, 07:11 PM   #11
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Welcome back Robert!

I hope the pain stops before the meds do!
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 07:14 PM   #12
Solicitous
Wizard

Hey you're back. Good to hear all went well and you're in good shape (apart from the pain). Look forward to having you around again.
Old 08-02-2010, 07:48 PM   #13
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Welcome back, and thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 08:00 PM   #14
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma
Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Purple Astak Pocket Pro! :)
Hi Robert! So glad to hear you're up and around! Take it easy the rest of this week, and we look forward to seeing you when you're able to come back to the forums.
Davimee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 08:08 PM   #15
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
It's great to know you are doing better! You will be getting your revenge before long. I saw my orthopedist about my shoulders today and told him I'm tired of dealing with them. I see his associate Thursday morning to discuss orthoscopic surgery on my left shoulder to finish freeing it up (I went from about 30-40% movement to over 90% just with injections and therapy but it has quit improving). I have a lot of pain in the right shoulder but I still have full use of it so it will have to keep until the left one has been dealt with. 'Twill be fun, especially I will have to go off my estrogen for a while and...does the term full time, total bitch, PMS from hell tell you anything?
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote