Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

View Poll Results: Rooted or clean?
Rooted 13 37.14%
Clean 22 62.86%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-14-2010, 04:37 PM   #16
planetrobbie
Connoisseur
planetrobbie has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.planetrobbie has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.planetrobbie has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.planetrobbie has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: forgotten a treo 650 for a DR1000 and now for a nook -size does matter
Trook seems excellent. I'm now fully motivated Accessing remote catalog is really nice, accessing calibre server would be great if that works.
planetrobbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 01:16 PM   #17
scruffy
Enthusiast
scruffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.scruffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.scruffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.scruffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: ebookwise, n800, tablet, etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by planetrobbie View Post
Trook seems excellent. I'm now fully motivated Accessing remote catalog is really nice, accessing calibre server would be great if that works.
It works. http://code.google.com/p/nookapps/wi...kDocumentation
scruffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2010, 06:13 AM   #18
planetrobbie
Connoisseur
planetrobbie has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.planetrobbie has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.planetrobbie has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.planetrobbie has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

calibre server access on nook ...

Great, I'll buy a microSD card on Monday, cool. Thanks for your feedback.
Old 01-16-2010, 08:59 PM   #19
Fuzzykinz
Lover of things fuzzeh
Fuzzykinz began at the beginning.

Device: BN nook, iPod touch second gen
I've been very impressed by Trook so far... it's very clean.

I admit, I have a little nervous about the coming update.. rumors on the BN forums state that it may be very, very major in more ways than one, making me a little jittery about the slight possibility of a bricking.
Fuzzykinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 01:48 PM   #20
jasonkchapman
Guru
jasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it is

Device: Sony Reader, nook, Droid, nookColor, nookTablet
I'm going to at least wait until the next update. If things appear to be moving in the right direction, then I'll probably just keep it clean. Unless, of course, some killer app appears that I just can't do without. I can't imagine what it would be, though. Wireless sideloading is appealing, but not that appealing to me.
jasonkchapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2010, 04:40 PM   #21
planetrobbie
Connoisseur

adb shell date

Softroot works really well but I toyed too much with adb shell date, nook doesn't reboot. #nookdevs op are really great guys ... they maintain their stuff quite well, I hope to restore my nook by tomorrow.

Be carefull with adb shell date, best way to change date/time is the following

adb shell date <EPOCHTIME>

I had to cheat because I don't know how to change nook timezone which is currently set to CST.

Last edited by planetrobbie; 01-19-2010 at 04:23 AM.
Old 01-19-2010, 06:58 AM   #22
planetrobbie
Connoisseur

I cannot change my vote but my nook is now fully rooted all apps installed and it works pretty well. Congrats to all member of nookdevs .
Old 01-19-2010, 03:59 PM   #23
Chazie
Bookworm
Chazie began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattncat View Post
I'm using it to hold the drmed versions only
of my eBooks. Everything else (liberated and multiformat) is on my Sonys which are not directly accessible to/by the Internet (B & N). This seems to work well for me.
The nook handles non-drmed versions of ebooks and multiformats. I use Calibre to change all my PDFs to epub and it works extremely well!
Chazie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 04:02 PM   #24
Chazie
Bookworm
Chazie began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
I don't have a reason to jailbreak my nook yet. It can do everything that I want it to which is for reading. I can get books from the library, google, and of course B&N. I usually turn off 3G and wifi unless I'm purchasing a book because that stuff just depletes the battery. The only thing I would like for it to have are RSS feeds.

I surf the internet using my netbook or Blackberry.
Chazie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 08:56 PM   #25
JoelMBenge
JoelMBenge began at the beginning.

Device: B&N Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazie View Post
I don't have a reason to jailbreak my nook yet. It can do everything that I want it to which is for reading. I can get books from the library, google, and of course B&N. I usually turn off 3G and wifi unless I'm purchasing a book because that stuff just depletes the battery. The only thing I would like for it to have are RSS feeds.

I surf the internet using my netbook or Blackberry.
I agree. If they would enable RSS catching (i.e. grabbing RSS feed content for offline reading later), I wouldn't root my nook. But I'm a tinkerer and will likely root eventually.
JoelMBenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 03:52 AM   #26
kelchm
kelchm began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Got the nook mainly because its running Android. So, yes I've rooted it.
kelchm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 04:14 AM   #27
stangri
Addict
stangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazie View Post
I don't have a reason to jailbreak my nook yet. It can do everything that I want it to which is for reading.
Would the cover-flow or folder/category-based organization of the side-loaded content entice you?
stangri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 04:51 PM   #28
Fuzzykinz
Lover of things fuzzeh
Fuzzykinz began at the beginning.

Device: BN nook, iPod touch second gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangri View Post
Would the cover-flow or folder/category-based organization of the side-loaded content entice you?

It would entice me >.> *hint hint*
Fuzzykinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 11:37 PM   #29
stangri
Addict
stangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: nook
Another chance to plug KBS'es Trook then, I think he posted the link to the video somewhere.
stangri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 10:47 AM   #30
jasonkchapman
Guru
jasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it is

Device: Sony Reader, nook, Droid, nookColor, nookTablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangri View Post
I know you weren't specifically asking me, but yes. Yes, it would.
jasonkchapman is offline   Reply With Quote