Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 12-29-2009, 01:39 PM   #1
pfrey
pfrey began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook
Wrong Language

I received a Cybook Opus for Christmas. When I took it out of the box it appears to be programed for Russian. The documentation (or lack there of) is almost comical and the support group appears to be non-existant. I am sure there is something very simple to correct this. I have tried everything ..... any help will be greatly appreciated.
pfrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 01:51 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
It asks you for the language to use on the very first usage. Perhaps you inadvertently selected Russian on that.

Anyway, never mind. From the library screen, press the menu button (the button to the right of the navigation control), scroll to the very last item on the menu, and select that. Press <select> again to activate the default item in the next menu. You are now in the "Languages" menu and you can select your preferred language.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2009, 01:53 PM   #3
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Umf, changing language is easy, when you can read. **grabs her opus **

So, start the opus, hit menu.
Then select "advanced" (the last item on the list).
Then "language" (first item)
English is the first language on the list.

Mmm, Harry was faster than me
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 01:58 PM   #4
pfrey
pfrey began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook
Thank you folks ...... Harry your instructions were very clear and I am on to Cybooking
pfrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 01:59 PM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My pleasure .
Advert
Old 12-30-2009, 05:48 AM   #6
mitja_i
Enthusiast
mitja_i began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Interesting, I used my language Slovenian (Slovenscina) on my Cybook and after upgrade 1.4 -> 1.5 it gave me different, wrong language settings (Polish I believe)
mitja_i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 05:51 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitja_i View Post
Interesting, I used my language Slovenian (Slovenscina) on my Cybook and after upgrade 1.4 -> 1.5 it gave me different, wrong language settings (Polish I believe)
They've added additional languages, so I'd guess that it probably remembered that you'd chosen "language number 6" (or whatever), and that's now different in the upgraded firmware. It wouldn't affect English, because that's the first language in the list in both the old and new firmware.
Old 12-30-2009, 09:21 AM   #8
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
They've added additional languages, so I'd guess that it probably remembered that you'd chosen "language number 6" (or whatever), and that's now different in the upgraded firmware. It wouldn't affect English, because that's the first language in the list in both the old and new firmware.
And an obvious bug that can be very annoying.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 08:55 AM   #9
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
A small tip, if you want to reset the configuration of your Opus, just press the Menu+Power button, anywhere when the device is running, then press the enter key, the it will display a checkboard, then blank the screen and shutdown. The next time you will run it, it will ask you which language you want, like a new unit.
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 12:55 PM   #10
Marko
Marko doesn't litterMarko doesn't litter

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitja_i View Post
Yup, that happened to me, too. Good thing that Polish is a Slavic language, too
Marko is offline   Reply With Quote