Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 12-02-2009, 11:56 PM   #1
daizyduke
Enthusiast
daizyduke began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
When will we see a display?

Last week I called B&N to see when a display model would be in stores. They said it should be available by Dec 7 but to call back because they get shipments everyday. I called back today hoping they would have one by now. They informed me that they should have one on display by Dec 14. What is going on? I am really annoyed that I can't even see it in real life before I receive the one I ordered for my daughter - that's if they ship it on time. I am starting to regret my order. What if I don't receive by Christmas. She will be very disappointed. I was planning on asking for one from my husband for Xmas, but now I am not so sure. Maybe I will get an Astak instead.
daizyduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 12:40 AM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
See FCC trouble?

This is a much more plausible reason for the delay than the Spring Design lawsuit, which is still going forward but without an injunction (Injunction Denied in Spring Design v. BarnesandNoble.com).
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2009, 12:53 AM   #3
daizyduke
Enthusiast
daizyduke began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Ok people, I got sick of trying to get information from B&N about this Nook. I decided to go into the store. The guy at the customer service/Nook counter said he thought they had gotten a Nook in. He offered to go ask the manager about it. The manager says that they do have it in but it won't be put on diplay until Monday the 7th. So I guess I have to go back on Monday.
daizyduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 12:58 AM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
I read on Engadget today that due to the massive pre-orders they probably won't have any on display until the new year.

http://www.engadget.com/2009/12/04/n...s-in-stores-b/

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 02:45 PM   #5
Kolenka
<Insert Wit Here>
Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Forma
Engadget's comments run counter to what B&N said just yesterday:

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/...ay/ba-p/421305
Kolenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2009, 04:11 PM   #6
mrscoach
Guru
mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy tab
I've seen that it will be in all stores to demo on the 7th, and that only select stores will have it to demo. Since I live so far from a B&N, I guess I'll just have to figure it out later. Wasn't planning on buying one, anyway. (would like to play with one, though)

Just called closest store, they said they should have it on demo Monday. Maybe I can go Friday, since I will be off for Christmas break.
mrscoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 05:39 PM   #7
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscoach View Post
I've seen that it will be in all stores to demo on the 7th, and that only select stores will have it to demo. Since I live so far from a B&N, I guess I'll just have to figure it out later. Wasn't planning on buying one, anyway. (would like to play with one, though)
Well, B&N is [pretty much] right down the road from me... so I think I'll hit them up the 7th and take a look.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 03:57 PM   #8
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
I just called the BN in DeKalb, IL. The guy I got said they wouldn't have their display up until next week, and sounded very disappointed about the pushing back of ship dates to Jan. 15th. I gather by this that this BN (which is the closest one to me at over 40 miles), won't have physical units to sell, either, before maybe next spring, at the rate things are going.

EDIT: Barnes and Noble in DeKalb called back this morning. They do have their demo unit, but not any for sale at this time. Since we're about to be hammered with the season's first big snowstorm, it will be at least this weekend and possibly longer (Chris has a paper due this weekend), before I can get over there.

Last edited by phenomshel; 12-07-2009 at 03:49 PM.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote