Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 02-18-2014, 04:00 PM   #16
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
For the record - calibre's latest ebook-viewer in has support for Touch. I don't have a Touch Windows, OS/X or Linux computer so I'm not sure to what extent.

Calibre's ebook-viewer will also do on the fly conversions from many other e-book and word processor formats.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 02:31 PM   #17
scilti
scilti began at the beginning.

Device: laptop
You can take a look at our Scilti, http://www.scilti.com
It lets you just open downloaded files.

Last edited by scilti; 04-08-2014 at 02:33 PM.
scilti is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-10-2014, 03:57 AM   #18
fekhner
Addict
fekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: DRs, EE, ipad/iphone, Helix
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
You might try Cool Reader. There are many choices for eBook readers on windows. We have them covered in our wiki. https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/E-book_software#Windows

Dale
Once again Dale, the wiki is really very useful, thanks a lot (for reminding me and probably also for maintaining it)!
fekhner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 07:13 AM   #19
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
I use the in-built Calibre epub viewer.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 12:04 PM   #20
Twyn
Enthusiast
Twyn can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTwyn can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTwyn can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTwyn can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTwyn can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTwyn can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTwyn can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTwyn can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTwyn can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTwyn can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTwyn can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kobo Glo and Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman4l7 View Post
Ironically, the only thing I've found that truly does what you describe -- treat ePUBs like PDFs and not include any annoying "library" functionality -- is a PDF reader, Sumatra PDF, which also supports ePUBs. As an added bonus, it comes in a "portable" version, a standalone executable.
I discovered by chance that Sumatra PDF had epub support (I was already using it for PDF and e-comics), and never looked back.
Simplest solution to read epubs on Windows in my opinion.
Twyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2014, 10:38 PM   #21
trichobezoar
Riding Against the Wind
trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 10.1 & Kindle Touch
As others have mentioned, ADE is a very good EPUB & PDF program, but the one I use came out a few years ago. The current one... or the version I tried a year ago, is too minimalist. It looks quite different from the ADE version I have installed on my Windows PC. The version I have is easy on the eyes. I love its design and user-friendliness.

I'm not sure whether I could add it to my post or not; if it's against the rules... If someone could instruct me on how to upload the file (as a zip or the file itself) so that you all could download it, that'd be great.

Thanks in advance... and if no one replies to this post soon, oh well! lol
trichobezoar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 01:13 AM   #22
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
You cannot upload copyrighted material to this web site. You can point to the download location for a legitimate copy. Is it really ADE that you are talking about? If it is a different program and have permission from the author it can be uploaded here. Your message is a bit cryptic.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 04:15 AM   #23
trichobezoar
Riding Against the Wind
trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It is Adobe Digital Editions version 1.7.2. I logged into Adobe Communities (https://forums.adobe.com), found my thread concerning the subject, clicked on the links provided by another member and found that they're no longer usable. The version (1.7.2) has been replaced by later versions, unfortunately.

I'm not sure just how user-friendly the latest version is, but it's worth a try. *nods*

I did a Google search just now for ADE 1.7.2. It's available at one particular site, but I'm not sure if it's virus-ridden or not. It's best to not take a chance and stick to legitimate sites... 'Wish I could be more helpful.
Old 09-21-2014, 08:15 PM   #24
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Well, WINE (run Windows programs on linux) has a verb to install ADE 1.7.2 automatically. So I looked up the winetricks entry, and it downloads the setup from here: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/403/kb40305...ents/setup.exe

(Hosted on the Adobe.com website.)
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 10:52 PM   #25
trichobezoar
Riding Against the Wind

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Well, WINE (run Windows programs on linux) has a verb to install ADE 1.7.2 automatically. So I looked up the winetricks entry, and it downloads the setup from here: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/403/kb40305...ents/setup.exe

(Hosted on the Adobe.com website.)
Thank you so much for the link! I have to dig out my old school laptop or Macbooks (with virtual machines--I have Windows XP installed in both of them) to test out the file. They're all at my storage unit, though... I'll report back once I've uninstalled ADE on one of my laptops and reinstalled it using this executable file. Give me a few days; by Wednesday night it should be done.

Once again, thank you eschwartz!
Old 09-24-2014, 11:54 PM   #26
trichobezoar
Riding Against the Wind

I downloaded the executable file onto an old school PC and it worked beautifully! It's the same version I have too--very easy on the eyes. It's very basic and user-friendly.

Oh, my desktop's running Windows 7, in case anyone's curious. I'm not sure how it fares on Windows XP, but it should work. Windows 8 might be a different matter...

I ran my anti-virus/anti-malware programs just now and according to my programs (SuperAntiSpyware Pro and MalwareBytes), the program's virus free. Don't take my word for it though. It'd be wise to run your own anti-virus/anti-malware program(s) before and after installing the program.

Thanks again for the file, eschwartz!
Old 09-27-2014, 11:50 PM   #27
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Sure.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
epub, windows xp