Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 01-02-2012, 01:03 AM   #91
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Just about all the Xanth titles (not so wild about all the groaners inside. 1 per page is pushing my limit. Anthony peaks at 4+ )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 09:36 AM   #92
Linton
Linton began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
By Grand Central Station I Sat Down and Wept - Elizabeth Smart
Linton is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2012, 11:35 AM   #93
Mrs. Marple
gossipy old village lady.
Mrs. Marple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs. Marple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs. Marple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs. Marple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs. Marple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs. Marple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs. Marple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs. Marple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs. Marple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs. Marple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs. Marple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox, Polaroid PMID 701C, Samsung Galaxy Tab2
Crouching Buzzard, Leaping Loon - Donna Andrews
Mrs. Marple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 05:32 AM   #94
Mrraow
Bookworm
Mrraow doesn't litterMrraow doesn't litter

Device: Opus
Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Sausages - Tom Holt
A Wild Sheep Chase - Haruki Murakami
The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie - Alan Bradley
The Weed That Strings the Hangman's Bag - Alan Bradley
A Red Herring Without Mustard - Alan Bradley
I See a Man Sitting on a Chair, and the Chair is Biting His Leg - Sheckley/Ellison
Mrraow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 11:21 AM   #95
mike_bike_kite
Digitally confused
mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, K2i, Nexus 7 32gb, Kobo Mini
Books I'm not so sure about book titles but I love the title of the painting Night people following the phosphorescent trail of snails.
mike_bike_kite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2012, 05:26 AM   #96
nigel p bird
Banned
nigel p bird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nigel p bird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nigel p bird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nigel p bird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nigel p bird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nigel p bird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nigel p bird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nigel p bird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nigel p bird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nigel p bird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nigel p bird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Brautigan's titles always stand out for me - 'In Watermelon Sugar' might be my favourite as it's so evocative. 'Willard and his Bowling Trophies', 'Revenge of the Lawn', 'A Confederate General From Big Sur'.

And 'For Esmee With Love And Squalor'. I love that one enough to have borrowed it myself.

I'd list some Pulp titles, too, by without their covers they seem to lack the impact somehow.
nigel p bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 01:31 PM   #97
Malcolmf
Malcolmf began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
titles I've liked:

The Tar-Aym Krang
(might have the spelling wrong) In fact I bought this some years ago just because of the title.

and
True Names and Other Dangers
Threats...and Other Promises
Buddy Holly Is Alive and Well on Ganymede
Pies and Prejudice

and liked lots of the titles of Robert Rankine novels (though I haven't read so many of them)
The Sprouts of Wrath
Sex and Drugs and Sausage Rolls
Hollow Chocolate Bunnies of the Apocalypse etc. etc.
Malcolmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:45 PM   #98
SilverBear
ἄρκτος ὁ Μέγας
SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Onyx Boox 60
images, imagination. . .

I've long been entranced by the titles of various sci-fi books:
The Moon is a Harsh Mistress
The Boat of a Million Years
The Stars Like Dust
To Sail Beyond the Sunset

. . . alot of them are either quotes or plays on quotes from classic literature. Phrases that open up the imagination. . .

Or from not so classic lit:
Have Spacesuit, Will Travel
!!!!

Or just plain original phrases that are very evocative:
At the Mountains of Madness
The Fungi from Yuggoth
Beyond the Wall of Sleep
I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream
Islands to Windward
Green Mansions

We're talking titles --apart from content, right? What stays with me are the feelings and images the title evokes before I even read page one. . .
SilverBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 09:38 AM   #99
Pulpmeister
Wizard
Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Wreckers Must Breathe. (Hammond Innes)
The Painted Word. (Tom Wolfe)
Captain Blood. (Sabatini)
Pulpmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 10:47 AM   #100
JoelArnold
Fanatic
JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
A Confederacy of Dunces
Writing Down the Bones
Willard and his Bowling Trophies

Also, just about any Philip K. Dick title.
JoelArnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 07:19 PM   #101
SilverBear
ἄρκτος ὁ Μέγας
SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Onyx Boox 60
Woops! I don't know why, but I forgot to include by all-time fave juvenile title:
Something Under the Bed is Drooling by Bill Watterson --part of the Calvin & Hobbes cycle.
SilverBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 05:00 PM   #102
Love.Forever.
Monarch Butterfly ...
Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S4, Nexus 7 32GB, Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8"
To Kill A Mockingbird
The Chrysalids
Love.Forever. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 07:24 PM   #103
Kerfuffle
Kerfuffle is faster than slow light.Kerfuffle is faster than slow light.Kerfuffle is faster than slow light.Kerfuffle is faster than slow light.Kerfuffle is faster than slow light.Kerfuffle is faster than slow light.Kerfuffle is faster than slow light.Kerfuffle is faster than slow light.Kerfuffle is faster than slow light.Kerfuffle is faster than slow light.Kerfuffle is faster than slow light.

Device: Sony Prs-650 (mine) Sony PRS-T1 (wife's)
Stars In My Pocket Like Grains Of Sand by Samuel Delaney
Stand on Zanzibar by John Brunner
Stalin Ate My Homework by Alexi Sayle
Kerfuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 06:56 AM   #104
Polarpenguin
Groupie
Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Sony PRS- T3S, Kobo aura H2O Kobo aura One Kobo libra
All Robert Rankin Titles
For example
The Dance of The Voodoo Handbag
The Sprouts of Wrath
Polarpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 06:57 AM   #105
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarpenguin View Post
All Robert Rankin Titles
For example
The Dance of The Voodoo Handbag
The Sprouts of Wrath
"The Sprouts of Wrath"
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote