Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 10-03-2008, 01:05 PM   #1
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver
starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab Plus, Droid phone, Nook HD+
Sony unveils Reader with built-in light

Just read this on Washington Post.com: New Sony Reader has light, note-taking stylus. The new Reader has LEDs built in.
starrigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 01:18 PM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Psst, starrigger ... check out the MobileRead front page.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 02:16 PM   #3
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver
starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oops. I never look at the front page. Who knew?
Old 10-03-2008, 03:25 PM   #4
worxland
Connoisseur
worxland began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505, Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by starrigger View Post
Who knew?
If I do a quick count I think the sum is... every one?
worxland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 03:54 PM   #5
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver

Quote:
Originally Posted by worxland View Post
If I do a quick count I think the sum is... every one?
Mm, I think your count is off. I come up with...everyone minus one.
Old 10-03-2008, 05:26 PM   #6
WaltC
Harmonious Grump
WaltC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WaltC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WaltC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WaltC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WaltC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WaltC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WaltC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WaltC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WaltC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WaltC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WaltC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2, Kindle Touch, Nook HD, iPad 3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by starrigger View Post
Mm, I think your count is off. I come up with...everyone minus one.
Ah... well... make that "everyone minus two". I've been coming in via the back door all these months (to "MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News and Commentary"). The "front door" is kind of purdy!!
WaltC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 05:33 PM   #7
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Heh, I have to make it a point to periodically check the front page myself -- I usually come in through a direct bookmark of my favorite new-post search.
Old 10-03-2008, 05:42 PM   #8
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
Heh, I have to make it a point to periodically check the front page myself -- I usually come in through a direct bookmark of my favorite new-post search.
Me too. And I leave the MobileRead page loaded in the browser for days & days on end. I normally refresh the view with the "New Posts" pull-down to the "Last 24 hours" option.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 05:50 PM   #9
Argel
Opinionated [but right]
Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.

Device: Cybook Gen3, PRS 505, Kindle International, HTC Desire
Thanks starriger, I would never have known otherwise. Are there really people who look at the Mobileread front page rather than just the forums?
Argel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 05:53 PM   #10
NatCh
Gizmologist

Apparently there are, but I don't think there can be too many.
Old 10-03-2008, 08:11 PM   #11
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsi View Post
Me too. And I leave the MobileRead page loaded in the browser for days & days on end. I normally refresh the view with the "New Posts" pull-down to the "Last 24 hours" option.
Same here. But I actually have the new page link book marked and on the "links" bar in my browser. This way I don't have to scroll around the page to hit it.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 11:12 PM   #12
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver

Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one.
Old 10-03-2008, 11:37 PM   #13
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Actually, I hit "User CP" first, to see what's been happening in threads I've participated, then the Editor forum, and then (if I have time), new threads w/out ebooks. But I knew to keep an eye out for front-page news in this case.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote