Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 02-22-2012, 07:11 AM   #541
ebookleser0815
ebookleser0815 began at the beginning.

Device: nook, acer iconia tab a500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buggins View Post
I'm planning to implement reading position and bookmarks sync feature (between CoolReader instances on different devices, and on desktop) based on DropBox.
i will start to ask how far the the sync between different installations is now. This synchronization would eventually make the perfect cr.
ebookleser0815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 09:16 AM   #542
sciurius
Enthusiast
sciurius doesn't littersciurius doesn't litter

Device: PC
Vertical space issues

I've created a small tester ebook to show some problems with vertical space. You can download it from http://www.squirrel.nl/pub/xfer/tester-20120221.epub .

When shown in Cool Reader, with "Enable document internal styles", the vertical space settings (margin-top) for the paragraphs are not honoured. In the "default paragraph settings", all settings are set to "-" where possible.

May I assume that this is a bug or am I overlooking some extra setting?

I'm running CR 3.0.55-32 on Archos 10.1 IT (UrukDroid 1.6.2).
sciurius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 01:28 AM   #543
flamingspinach
flamingspinach began at the beginning.

Device: HTC Dream
This is the third time this has happened so I wonder if it's known to the Cool Reader developer at all.

I'm on an Android 1.5 device (HTC Dream), and sometimes when I upgrade Cool Reader to a new version, all my settings are reset to the default. This is, as you can imagine, quite annoying. Please look into it if you haven't already heard about it!

Thanks for your great software!
flamingspinach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 05:25 AM   #544
fedcod
fedcod is a glorious beacon of lightfedcod is a glorious beacon of lightfedcod is a glorious beacon of lightfedcod is a glorious beacon of lightfedcod is a glorious beacon of lightfedcod is a glorious beacon of lightfedcod is a glorious beacon of lightfedcod is a glorious beacon of lightfedcod is a glorious beacon of lightfedcod is a glorious beacon of lightfedcod is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Pocketbook 623
Is a version of CoolReader for Sony PRS-T1 that support partial refresh planned ?

Last edited by fedcod; 02-24-2012 at 09:17 AM.
fedcod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 09:54 AM   #545
fbrII
F. BluDevil
fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad3 pro, Kobo Libra, Kindle Paperwhite
A Couple of Questions - Note: These pertain to CoolReader on Linux Desktop

1) Is there a max size limitation when opening books? I have noticed when trying to open a book from Delpi Classics for instance that CoolReader will error "Error while opening document" whenever I attempt to load a file larger than 9.0 MiB. Most of the books by this publisher are larger than the size specified because they contain the complete works of a given author.

2) The only packaging I've found is for Debian distributions. Is there anything available for RPM distributions or anything planned?

Great product - I also use with my Android device but would also like to use on my laptop.
fbrII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:21 AM   #546
rockyabq
rockyabq began at the beginning.

Device: New: Samsung Charge, Old: iPaq 1955 / eReader Pro
Still lovin' CR on my Android, but I have another couple of questions.

First, some of my rtf format documents have right-slash (\) characters in them. CR doesn't display them at all.

And second, the only Greek character that it will display is a lowercase mu (µ). Is there any trick to enabling CR to display the other Greek characters?

Thanks,
Rocky
rockyabq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 03:24 AM   #547
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyabq View Post
First, some of my rtf format documents have right-slash (\) characters in them. CR doesn't display them at all.
The back slash is an escape character, so you may need to use two of them simultaneously to get it to display in the output.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyabq View Post
And second, the only Greek character that it will display is a lowercase mu (µ). Is there any trick to enabling CR to display the other Greek characters?
Pick a font that has those characters available?
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 12:16 PM   #548
eisbaer
eisbaer began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo - Asus TF 101 (ICS)
I'm using coolreader on an asus tf101 for epub files. Great app for English epub books but it can't handle Dutch books too well. The letter e and i with a double dot above it (trema), appears as a space in coolreader. Mylibrary and aldiko e.g. show that letter correct. Is this possible also in coolreader?

Last edited by eisbaer; 02-29-2012 at 03:10 PM.
eisbaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 06:05 AM   #549
sciurius
Enthusiast
sciurius doesn't littersciurius doesn't litter

Device: PC
I haven't had this kind of problems with CR and dutch books on Archos 10.1IT. Maybe a font issue?

EDIT: Have you tried Menu > More > Disable document internal stylesheets ?

Last edited by sciurius; 03-01-2012 at 08:26 AM.
sciurius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 12:15 PM   #550
eisbaer

I have tried that but the letters with trema's still appear as spaces.

I have tried all the fonts that are selectable.
Available fonts are, under the option 'Font face':
- AR ZhongkaiGB18030 Medium
- Droid Sans Fallback
- Droid Sans Mono
- Droid Serif
- Roboto

Maybe it's android related. I'm running ICS. Still other readers work right. (But I prefer CR for the 2 page layout in landscape).

Last edited by eisbaer; 03-01-2012 at 12:18 PM.
Old 03-01-2012, 12:24 PM   #551
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by eisbaer View Post
I have tried that but the letters with trema's still appear as spaces.

I have tried all the fonts that are selectable.
Available fonts are, under the option 'Font face':
- AR ZhongkaiGB18030 Medium
- Droid Sans Fallback
- Droid Sans Mono
- Droid Serif
- Roboto
It sounds very much like it is font related though. You should find a Truetype font that you KNOW contains the missing characters and install that font for CoolReader to use.

Quote:
Additional fonts installation

Fonts in .ttf format can be placed to 'fonts' directory of SD card.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 01:19 PM   #552
eisbaer

Thx for the help. I copied the ariel font from my pc and created a Fonts directory on the sdcard. The trema's are shown correctly now.
Old 03-01-2012, 01:29 PM   #553
Archolmn
Archolmn began at the beginning.

Device: Android Coolreader
Anyone know why certain epubs only display the title picture and return a null error?
Archolmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 08:50 AM   #554
MeMeMeMe
MeMeMeMe began at the beginning.

Device: Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskarina View Post

Just figured this out. In case there are any other dummies like myself out there:

To use calibre content server or calibre2opds on cool reader, go to online catalogs, long press on any of the catalogs and it'll bring up a menu and select new catalog. Then give it a name and provide a url - same as in Aldiko, Mantano, fbreader etc... Easy as pie.
This was stumping me. Thank you very much!
MeMeMeMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 08:24 PM   #555
Eskarina
Zealot
Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.

Device: NOOKColor (sdCM7), Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMeMeMe View Post
This was stumping me. Thank you very much!
You're welcome. I'm glad I could help.
Eskarina is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cool reader, fb2 epub rtf chm fbreader