Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-21-2013, 02:00 AM   #1
Dr@ven
Dr@ven began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Paperwhite issues with Calibre

I've tried everything I know to do.
I've tried updating Kindle Paperwhite to latest version.
I've tried removing and reloading the Calibre software to the latest version
I've tried emailing my Kindle Paperwhite my mobi files(throught Calibre)
I've tried converting all files to azw3 and then back to mobi files and reuploading both through usb cable and email.

It's the same issue that others have posted, device shows that they are there in Calibre. I can't see my amazon DLC. some pop up under Docs labeled as personal, but that doesn't even happen anymore. I've reset to factory settings over 3 times now, and no turning it off then back on again, nor waiting a half hour doesn't work either.
Dr@ven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:01 AM   #2
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
If you haven't checked the Devices sub-forum of the Calibre forum, you might want to read this....if you have read this already and it is of no help, I would post in that sub-forum. I have not experienced this problem, but it has been mentioned before and seems to always be associated with a corrupted book file. (it appears a singular corrupted book file can cause the PW not to show ANY books). Good Luck....if you find the answer, please post it for everyone.
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-22-2013, 10:36 PM   #3
Dr@ven

Thanks for the heads up, I'll keep looking
Old 03-27-2013, 06:10 PM   #4
Dr@ven

If anyone is looking at this post with the same problem. Mine was solved when Calibre updated from version .9.23 to .9.24. I haven't had this issue since the "new" update came out. Thanks again to Calibre and all who help me fix these issues.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:43 PM   #5
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Thanks for the follow-up....glad things are working!
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-18-2014, 11:12 AM   #6
andreadavison
andreadavison began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3g
For anyone who may have stumbled upon this forum and didn't find the calibre update solved their problem, like me. I've found a fix I think.....in Calibre change MOBI output defaults (personal doc tag) to [EBOK], and also make sure MOBI options are changed from (new) to (both) - having done that I managed to wireless transfer 3 books with no problems straight away and am happy to report all is working well
andreadavison is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre add book, doesn't work, paperwhite