Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 05-06-2012, 10:45 AM   #76
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAH View Post
I just about always charge mine when it gets below 30% but I try not to let it get below 25%. I think this is a nice compromise. I mean, I don't disagree with Asawi's thoughts about how to treat a battery nice, but you don't want to carry the idea to extremes and be charging it when it gets down to 90% every 2 or 3 days! That said, if you itching to charge it when it is in the mid-30% or you have a convenient time then, I agree with Asawi that you should.

I have also noticed what he said - the depletion gets faster as it goes down, so if you are at a convenient time to charge in the mid-30%, you might as well.
I agree that is the way I also charge mine, below 30% charge. That way I always have a day or 2 just in case.

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 11:03 AM   #77
AlexGrama
Writer
AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nexus 7
Tonight I will probably charge it. It lasted 16 days. I hope the next one will last at least 1 month.
AlexGrama is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-06-2012, 11:16 AM   #78
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexGrama View Post
Tonight I will probably charge it. It lasted 16 days. I hope the next one will last at least 1 month.
How many hours of reading time did you have? If it was more that 30 that is B&N spec, if 40 or more that is good. Mine last about 12 to 15 days with average of 4 hours a day reading.

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 11:45 AM   #79
AlexGrama
Writer
AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbm View Post
How many hours of reading time did you have? If it was more that 30 that is B&N spec, if 40 or more that is good. Mine last about 12 to 15 days with average of 4 hours a day reading.

bernie
I didn't read that much. An hour a day, maybe 2, but sometimes I turned on wifi and I skimmed through some books. However, sometimes I plugged it in and transferred some books and it would charge 2 or 3 percent. I don't know. It was the first charge. We'll see.
Old 05-07-2012, 12:21 AM   #80
AlexGrama
Writer

Bad news, guys. I charged it last night and read for an hour. When I went to bed, it showed 99, but this morning dropped to 95%. 4 percent loss.
Advert
Old 05-07-2012, 06:37 AM   #81
AlexGrama
Writer

I read for an hour and it dropped another 2 percent. I do not know iif it matters but last night I charged it with my blackberry charger. Now it is stationed at 93 percent.

Last edited by AlexGrama; 05-07-2012 at 06:56 AM.
Old 05-07-2012, 06:50 AM   #82
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
Well, 2% in one hour reading would make approximately 50 hours in one charge cycle. BN claim 2 months, 1/2 hour/day and that would make 30 hours. Of course the standby for those 60 days would draw a small amount as well, so I'd say your numbers make sense.
Don't forget that checking of battery status (cause you have to go through menu to that don't you? I don't remember id % is shown without going through a menu) also draws extra power.
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:00 AM   #83
AlexGrama
Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asawi View Post
Well, 2% in one hour reading would make approximately 50 hours in one charge cycle. BN claim 2 months, 1/2 hour/day and that would make 30 hours. Of course the standby for those 60 days would draw a small amount as well, so I'd say your numbers make sense.
Don't forget that checking of battery status (cause you have to go through menu to that don't you? I don't remember id % is shown without going through a menu) also draws extra power.
Yes, you have to go through the menu. But, 4 percent overnight seems quite a lot.
Old 05-07-2012, 12:03 PM   #84
AlexGrama
Writer

I don't know if I'm making an obsession of this situation or I'm just exaggerating. Two hours ago I topped it off from 93 to 100 percent and now, it shows 98% without even using it. What the fudge?! This can't be right.
Old 05-07-2012, 12:34 PM   #85
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
I don't have the Nook STR, but my exoerience with all sorts of devices is that the first % off (from 100 to 99) is almost instant when turning the device on.

I think you may be obsessing a bit. Your numbers are nothing like what the people that have had genuine battery drain problems have been experiencing. This constant checking isn't doing anything good at all. It just seems to cause you worry. Use the device, see what kinda of actual usage you get out of it without checking % all the time. There is absolutely nothing indicating you have one of the faulty ones!
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 04:42 PM   #86
RAH
Guru
RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Color Nook; Nook Touch
Yes, I agree with Asa. As I mentioned several times, my Touch with the draining problem can easily drop 15% overnight, and will reliably drop a full 25% in 24 hours. It is completely drained in 4 or 5 days. Yes. So you don't really have a problem, IMHO, Alex.

It is common wisdom that a battery improves with time, up to a point I suppose. Your Nook is still really new Alex. I think you should stop obsessing, although I do understand how you feel.
RAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:50 PM   #87
Bittybye
Addict
Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
In that case it is not normal. I would suggest you reboot it and see if it continues to happen.
I think that worked. I charged it this morning, read almost all day hopped from one 'book' to another (I was reading fanfiction on it, trying to find the first in the series) and the battery is now at 89%....is that normal?

Last edited by Bittybye; 05-07-2012 at 08:53 PM.
Bittybye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:54 PM   #88
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bittybye View Post
I think that worked. I charged it this morning, read almost all day and the battery is now at 89%....is that normal?
Depends on how many hours you read, but as you said "almost all day", I would tend to think 11% is in the ballpark.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:57 PM   #89
Bittybye
Addict
Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
Depends on how many hours you read, but as you said "almost all day", I would tend to think 11% is in the ballpark.
At least 7 hours...what I'm sick.

Edit: more like 9 hours now that I think about it, plus the jumping from 'book' to
'book' at least a dozen times.
Bittybye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:28 AM   #90
RAH
Guru
RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Color Nook; Nook Touch
It might be normal, IMHO. A better indicator will be how the battery holds up over night while sleeping (WiFi OFF!), for say 8 or 10 hours. If it drops more than a few %, then it is worrisome, I think.
RAH is offline   Reply With Quote