Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 01-13-2012, 01:01 AM   #1
wannabee
Media Bloke
wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iOS
Has anyone tried MUSE to make ePub?

I just downloaded the beta version of Adobe Muse. It's marketed to designers who don't want to code.
I created a new site with one page. Added a text box copied some text into it, formated the text and exported to HTML. After zipping the entire site I converted it in Calibre, added a cover and got an instant ePub. It all took about 5 minutes.

I was wondering if anyone else had tried it. The beta version is free for now.
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 02:42 AM   #2
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Have you checked to see if the ePub validates?
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2012, 08:22 PM   #3
wannabee
Media Bloke
wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No, I haven't that much confidence. I would need to open it in Sigel and give it a TOC before it was a useful book.
Old 01-15-2012, 01:25 AM   #4
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Could you let us know please when you've done that?
Old 01-15-2012, 04:59 AM   #5
wannabee
Media Bloke

Sure.
Advert
Old 01-19-2012, 07:42 PM   #6
wannabee
Media Bloke

This was straight out of Calibre. I'm not going to give it a TOC as I'm pretty time poor at present.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screendump.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	165.6 KB
ID:	81528  
Old 01-20-2012, 04:41 AM   #7
AlexBell
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabee View Post
This was straight out of Calibre. I'm not going to give it a TOC as I'm pretty time poor at present.
Your screen capture looks to me as though it's straight out of FlightCrew. It hasn't validated because of what looks like javascript. So if the javascript is not essential to make the ePub work and you remove it the ePub should validate. Interesting.
Old 01-20-2012, 04:50 AM   #8
wannabee
Media Bloke

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBell View Post
Your screen capture looks to me as though it's straight out of FlightCrew. It hasn't validated because of what looks like javascript. So if the javascript is not essential to make the ePub work and you remove it the ePub should validate. Interesting.
Yes, of course you are right mate. You asked me to see if it would validate. After creating it in Calibre I dropped it onto Flightcrew.
Thanks for your input. If I decide to use it for anything interesting I'll be sure to run it past this forum.